Couch to 5K
81,608 members β€’ 112,943 posts

JUNE 2019 GRADUATION BADGES

Pinch Punch, First of the Month!

Happy June everybody!

What a great time of year for runners, but wait... every month of the year is a great time for runners... just different πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Please leave your username here for me, so we can organise your well deserved Graduation badge.

We will try not to leave you waiting too long as we know how great it feels when your badge arrives.

Please feel free to download and save the above Graduation badge certificate that has been kindly designed by RunaroundSue

We would like to clarify the position of earning your Graduation badge.

To get your badge you will have completed the full training podcasts and be able to run for 30 min.

It does NOT matter if you cannot run 5 km; you are a graduate after running 30 min for three times.

To ensure that it is fair to everybody, please do not ask for your badge until you have completed Week 9 Run 3.

Many Congratulations and a Huge Well Done ! :-)

Please don't rush off from this forum too soon, our graduates bring a wealth of information, experience and encouragement to our new runners. We would love to read about your next steps, your challenges and how you overcame them, your successes and achievements etc.

So, with that in mind, do please stick around here, and, as part of your future plans, join the C25k Quest, see the pinned posts for detailsπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»

Also, when you are ready..don’t forget to look into the β€˜What Next’ post

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...…….what-next

Happy running everyone xxx

Oldfloss, RFC & Roseabi xx

461 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Hi! Just completed week 9 run 3 and am feeling very pleased with myself! Now to keep on keeping on!

6 likes

Congratulations and well done! Time to check out the Quest...after the celebrations of courseπŸΎπŸŒ»πŸ˜‰

Also congratulations on being the first June Graduate :)

1 like

Hi Oldfloss, i graduated about 5weeks ago but the word graduate has disappeared. I've just got a new phone and wondering if this is the reason?

It's there now. If you are using the IOS App the badges don't appear, only in the browser.

2 likes

Morning. Completed in April. And keeping it up πŸ˜‚

3 likes

Congratulations and well done!

1 like

Completed on 26th May. I am motivated to keep going thanks to support on this app from all you wonderful people who share the highs and lows πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

3 likes

1 like

Hi Oldfloss Its _wayneLad and I've just completed week 9 run 3 of C25K !

3 likes

Hi! Finished Week 9 today, just 1 day behind on my 9-week schedule. Thanks for all the support in this forum. Next up, Parkrun.

2 likes

Hi

I have today done my final run of week 9 having been persuaded by my daughters to start on Mother's Day (31st March). Didn't actually think that I would stick to it so I am absolutely delighted that I have made it. I am nowhere near 5K yet and have only run on my own or with my daughters so still lots of challenges ahead!

3 likes

Completed yesterday πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ! Username is Dzeey

3 likes

Helenruns. Completed week 9 run 3 yesterday whilst doing a 5k race. Took 39.6 mins. Feel great!

4 likes

Completed W9R3 on Saturday. Now to consolidate and aim for that 5kπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

4 likes

Congratulations and well done! Consolidation is the thing... lots of 30 minute runs..new routes, short runs and the lovely long slow runs that build up strength, stamina and eventually distance and speed!

Hi there I completed Week9 Run 3 this morning! I’ve graduated! So happy - never thought I’d be able to run for 30 minutes comfortably. Thanks for all the encouragement and advice.

4 likes

Thank you! 😊

1 like

You are very welcome and the best thing is, it goes on...and we will be here. Take a peek at the Quest on C25K..it is a great place to set yourself some goals before moving forward. Think what you want to focus on and read other folks' views too:)

2 likes

I’ve completed it! Am running about 5km over the 40 mins. I want to get to 5k in 30 mins now!

4 likes

Consolidation is the thing... lots of 30 minute runs..new routes, short runs and the lovely long slow runs that build up strength, stamina and eventually distance and speed!

2 likes

JW001 GRaduated 2/6/19

3 likes

1 like

Hi I have just completed my W9R3 today - so how to I get my graduation badge ? My name is Lazyme.

Thanks !!

4 likes

I was wondering that too

Hi everyone. I have just completed my final week 9 run of 30 minutes. Long may it continue until I can do 5k 😁

3 likes

Have completed c25k r3 today and graduated, it feels great to have got there and am looking forward to the onward journey.

3 likes

I've done it, I've completed the C25K, I ran w9 run 3 today. Thanks for all the advice and help from the community.

4 likes

Completed 15 mins ago! So delighted. Fabulous app and forum. Thank you to all involved ☺️

4 likes

1 like

Hello I’m 45Fitness and today I completed my graduation run. So happy πŸ˜ƒ πŸŽ“

3 likes

1 like

Thats it for.me w9r3 complete. I cant wait to.see where this.continuing journey takes me.

5 likes

You will be amazed..I like many of us when we began...was only ever going to run 5K...in March..I ran my first HM!

2 likes

Hi I’ve just completed week 9 run number 3 and am feeling very proud. I have not ran this far outside possibly ever so am quite chuffed with myself.

4 likes

Finished in May but didn't apply for my badge of honour! I've just reached 5k running though, so feel I do properly qualify now! Never imagined myself being a runner πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸŽ‰πŸ˜„

3 likes

Hi, finished w9 R3 yesterday, now to aim for 5k hopefully will get there soon.

3 likes

Congratulations and well done! Now is the time for lots of consolidation runs,, take a look at the Quest now, for ideas and setting some goals...short runs, runs for pure joy, 30 minute runs and lovely, long slow runs all build stamina, strength and distance and speed evolve naturally.

Final run tomorrow xx This was always the plan and I am so excited to come back and claim my graduate badge ❀️

2 likes

Good morning I completed wk 9 run 3 yesterday. x

3 likes

Hi There!

I completed week 3 run 9 on 1st June. Felt great and looking forward to consolidating over the next few weeks.

2 likes

Can’t quite believe it, week 9, run 3 complete!!! Thanks for all the support on this brilliant forum.

Marms

3 likes

Hi I finished in May but I'm a newish poster so didn't realise I should post about it and get a badge, I am very pleased with myself :) Just need something like stepping stones to keep me going and increase speed now!

2 likes

Check out the What Next post.. consolidation for a few weeks and then... C25K +podcasts :)

Thankyou, I’m doing the podcasts, if yo mean stepping stones podcasts, really like them, i’ll Have a look at what next!

Stepping Stones is for a C25K Graduate as are the others... so not sure if you mean them ?

Yes, with the speed one, the stamina one and one other. I’m doing them at the moment, alternating, but looking for something to do after. Si liar. I’m enjoying the stepping stones podcasts a lot but can only find 3. I can’t find the what next post? If I type it in search, too many come up!

Thank you for my badge, wooohoooo

2 likes

Just completed Week 9 Run 3 and feel amazing! Please may I have my graduation badge?

2 likes

Hi

I completed week 9 run 3 on the 11th May - never would have done it without the app; I couldn’t manage a whole minute in the beginning so I’m astounded that I achieved the 5k target! Who knows where this new found love of running will take me!

2 likes

Thank you very much.....could I please have a πŸŽ“ badge?

1 like

Sorry..got carried away!

1 like

Don’t apologise! Thank you x

1 like

Hi! Finished wk 9 run 3 this morning. After having major surgery at Christmas, radiotherapy that finished in March and not doing any regular physical exercise for years I am pretty chuffed with myself. I did repeat a couple of weeks but I got there in the end!

2 likes

Took longer than I hoped, but finally completed on 21st May. Now training for Race for life. I've walked it before, looking forward to running it this time!

2 likes

1 like

Delighted to be joining June's C25K graduates after my third week 9 run this morning in a miserable, rainy Edinburgh. Delighted to have made it and already planning my next running goals but going to miss the c25k plan and Jo Wiley's words of wisdom.

3 likes

Check out my latest post :)

1 like

Hello

I have recently completed Week 9 Run 3 of C to 5k

Albert13

2 likes

Hi, I completed my Week 9 Run 3 last Friday, 31 May and feeling good. Started running 35 minutes on Monday and 40 minutes today and loving it!

2 likes

Check out my latest post today!!

Thanks my username is Kloppetman please can you send me my graduation certificate.

Hi, Filter here and I've completed the nine weeks of C25K podcasts so would love to graduate.

2 likes

Your badge is there and you download the certificate yourself...:)

Hello!

I completed WK9-R3 on Saturday!

I've amazed myself. Reading the advice on this forum has really helped.

Thanks!

2 likes

Hello! I actually completed on the 9th May but kept forgetting to send my details along!

Loumb82

I took part in a 5k Race for Life on Sunday and completed in 36 mins!

2 likes

Hi! Completed W9R3 last Friday, so have now graduated! Please can I have the badge. Thanks!

2 likes

I finished my last C25K run this morning .... now to improve on my time and increase my distance :) x

2 likes

Please check out the current posts re choices and the C25K Quest :) Also, take a peek at the What Next? post that is pinned under FAQ...Lots of consolidation first and then time to decide how to move on :)

I’ve finally graduated today feeling very proud of myself 😊

2 likes

And so you should! Congratulations and well done!

1 like

Thank you

1 like

Yay pick me please!! Finished w9r3 today after a slightly longer than 9 weeks. Thanks muchly

2 likes

Did it. Can't believe I've achieved this 6 months after a hysterectomy. Programme is amazing and I'm feeling fitter and thinner than I have for years.

May I have a badge please :-)

4 likes

You most certainly can... congratulations and well done!

Please can I claim my badge, completed W9R3 this evening! As planned all along! I am so pooped πŸ€ͺ and off to bed now!

Username JaoJao

3 likes

You just caught me 10 o'clock, the shop closes:)

1 like

Thank you so much xx

Thank you for my badge, and wanted to say the support of the admins does not go amiss. You play a massive part in making this community feel like a community, I feel like I have made many friends here over the last few months xx

2 likes

Thank you very, very much..it is rare to get thanks for a lot of what goes on here... indeed some runners, ( not many, but enough),rarely say please or thank you at all.. even when requesting badges!

I think they think we are all working for the NHS & Heath Unlocked, and on call 24 hours a day... instead of which, we are all volunteers... and most of the team have jobs and family. Some of our team have had huge issues in their lives..documented on here... and they still give their time freely.

They /me also, are runners too, and often have little time to fit the runs in and keep up with the posts and badges etc... :)

I think someone once, really did think I was a little old lady in a hut somewhere doing this day in day out!

Sorry...did not mean to go on... you got a bit of, pent up something, there... a day or so ago, someone was quite rude to me on a badge request because I did not respond quickly enough! Hence my cut off time at 10 p.m.

So... your reply has heartened me and I shall pass it on to the team...this is family.. and that is why we know we get all sorts of folk..but we support each other at all levels... we may run on our own, but we never, ever run alone:)

Thank youx

2 likes

You’re most welcome and yes please pass on the kudos to your team. The world would be a better place if everyone exercised a little bit of mindfulness xx

1 like

I’m sorry to hear that! Why people have to β€˜go out of their way’ to be rude I have no idea ☹️ x Politeness costs nothing and too many people think they are more important/the only person you (should) ever deal with (I had to deal with a few rude, sometimes down right obnoxious people in my last job but at least I got paid bless) πŸ€—!

Anyway supportive rant over, hope it helps πŸ€ͺ x I totally agree with JaoJao - none of us would be here getting and giving the support etc that you all give and able to give each other!

You all Rock!!!!

Tyvmuchly x

2 likes

Juliesmyth

1 like

It will be interesting to see where you get to next on your running journey!

Thank you so much 😊

1 like

Completed W9R3 last night. So proud!

2 likes

Completed week 9 run 3 today!!! πŸŽ“πŸ₯‡πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

2 likes

1 like

At last !! I’ve done it !!

2 likes

That's me done - 11 weeks of running and ready for graduation. It's been fab (mostly), really tough, but a fab feeling to have got to 5k!. Dreams are made of this stuff!

2 likes

I completed my week 9 run 3 today .......woohoo xxx

2 likes

Just completed week 9, run 3 this morning (couldn’t stop grinning on way home!

2 likes

Lynsh graduated today! Many thanks πŸƒ

2 likes

1 like

Thank you 😊

1 like

Hi Oldfloss, finished week 9, run 3 this morning (grinning like a lunatic on way home πŸ˜‚)

2 likes

1 like

Sorry for repeat, didn’t think I had sent 1st oneπŸ€”

1 like

Hi I’ve just completed the C25K this evening hurrah!!!

1 like

Hi I’ve just completed the C25K this evening hurrah!

2 likes

1 like

Yay thank you for my badge!!!

I did week9 run 3 today! Second attempt as I decided to try a new route for my graduation run 2 days ago....and got lost πŸ™ˆ. I stuck with my regular route today and I did it! πŸ™Œ. Love this group! Thank you for all the support! 😁

2 likes

Just completed run 3 of week 9! Can't believe how amazingly well the programme worked. Feel very grateful to the NHS and this forum for providing such brilliant free resources and support.

2 likes

Hi. Not sure if this is how I get my graduation badge etc but I completed Friday 7th June πŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ†

2 likes

Sorry Bluemoon 1958 graduated Friday 7th June πŸ†πŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

2 likes

W9 R3 complete. Graduated from the programme.

1 like

I have completed w9r3 this morning and it feels great. I will work hard to keep it up πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

2 likes

Lots to think about..this is just the start..take peek at the What Next...pinned post and read some of the ideas coming through from the older( as in Graduated longer) Graduates with ideas etc... Also take look at the Quest... Week 2 begins to day.. that will keep you going :)

Just completed week 9 run 3. So delighted and proud of myself ! Couch to 5k is fabulous !!

1 like

Thank you!

hi there, just graduated and feeling so happy. got the bug now :)

1 like

1 like

how do i get my graduation badge? :)

It is there..but does not show on some phones.. check your main comp maybe:) The badge looks great!

1 like

thank you so much

1 like

Graduated last night πŸ˜ƒ

1 like

1 like

Champagneshuffler. I graduated today by completing my first park run. I want to do it every week now!!!

1 like

Park run will make a regular 30 minute run for you.... and then mix it up with your other consolidation runs:)

1 like

Hi I’ve just graduated this morning 😁😁😁

3 likes

Thank you! 😁

1 like

Welcome and how lovely to be thanked:) Thank you!

1 like

Hi completed my graduation run this morning 😊 so blooming chuffed with myself. Thanks for all your help, advice and support.

2 likes

Congratulations hedgehog1234! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸŽ‰

2 likes

1 like

Thanks Oldfloss. It’s great to read the success stories from ex grads too. Really inspired to do more now!

1 like

That is so pleasing..thank you!

Completed my week9 run 3 today and thank you so much for this programme. Looking forward to the rest of the lifetime of running πŸ™‚

1 like

1 like

Thank you so much! You are an inspiration too! πŸ€—πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Hi. I have just completed W9R3. Very pleased with myself

1 like

Hi, I completed W9 R3 yesterday as my first park run, loved it. I’m hooked already.

Loving this forum btw, wish I’d discovered it sooner.

1 like

Today completed w9 r3 and feel amazing that I’ve graduated πŸŽ“ πŸƒ 😊

1 like

1 like

Thanks to everyone and the site for inspiration x

1 like

Hi I just completed Week 9 Run 3 this morning and am feeling proud of myself. It took a lot longer than 9 weeks, but I've finally done it!

1 like

Thank you!

I completed the course today, on schedule. I’ve been doing it with a running club and they’ve kept me on track. Parkrun next weekend! I’m coming dangerously close to enjoying the actual running.

1 like

Thank you :-)

Hi

Completed my week 9 run 3 on 27 May - can I have my graduate badge please.

Thanks.

1 like

Hi Oldfloss. I have just completed my graduation run. So so happy πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

1 like

User name Kevtrev I have just completed W9R3 of C25K and graduated. Please can you arrange my badge. Thank you

1 like

1 like

Thank you it’s been hard but this program really really works πŸ˜‰

1 like

It does it really does and as you move on..the follow up plans we have in place are equally doable:)

1 like

What are the follow up plans oldfloss?

1 like

Okay... a couple of weeks consolidation... new routes, 30 minute runs,short routes and lovely long, see where you get to, runs..then.. maybe try the C25K+ podcasts... challenging and fun... teaching us so much about the discipline in our running...:)

Stepping Stones, Speed and Stamina...

Sometimes folk start them too soon after Graduation and then wonder why they don't work for them and they miss the point...

Then.. across to Bridge to 10K and join the Magic 10 running plan.. with additional rest day exercises built in.. it is absolutely fabulous...there are apps you can use, but Magic 10 is safe and structured... and works!

Then... well you decide... 10 miles... then HM... all with support and follow upon the Marathon and Half Marathon forum.. :)

I worked right through the lot from Graduation in 2015 to my first HM this March... it has been fantastic and each stage has had the backing and friendship of the forum friends... :)

But.. this is your running journey.. so you decide where you want to go and we will do all we can to help you:)

3 likes

Sorry for the late reply thank you so much for all the helpful advice much appreciated πŸ˜‰πŸπŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜€πŸ†πŸ™πŸŽ“ I don’t mean to pester but when do I get my graduation badge and username saying graduate πŸŽ“ on it πŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‰

It is there..I gave it to you right away...it does not show up on some phones tthough.check on yr main comp?

1 like

Right ok I didn’t know thank you πŸ˜‰

I think it might be my phone then I can’t see it next to my username Yes I will look later on my laptop thank you πŸ™

1 like

It looks just greatπŸ˜‰

1 like

Completed week 9 on Friday, in the wind and rain, but loved every minute of it! Now training for a 10K.

2 likes

1 like

Can I have mine please. Dud final run at park run. 5k in 36:05. 3 weeks ago it was 41. I'm so chuffed. Thanks to all the support chat on here! Anyone can do this.

2 likes

1 like

Th aank you x

Thank you.... silly spelling x

1 like

Just completed and can’t believe it! Delighted and thrilled, but don’t think I can do it without Laura πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ I had a couple of delays with knee ligament, but physio, exercise, new trainers and a bit of patience got me to the end (or is it the beginning πŸ˜‚)

Thank you C25K for this forum and for Laura

Joy x

3 likes

Cantstopmenow

1 like

Thank you. I think I've done it!

1 like

Congratulations and well done !

Hi

Completed this morning πŸ€—

1 like

I’ve only gone and done it! It’s taken me since Jan 18th ,but a sense of achievement for this Nearly 66 yr old !My aim is to jog a little faster so I am staying on couch 25k until I can feel I’m jogging faster,then maybe start on β€˜The bridge to10k in a few months time.

3 likes

Similar age, started same time and finished this week too. Thinking to maybe repeat week 9 with Laura and maybe try a Parkrun. Joy

2 likes

Lots of choices..I graduated at 65...still here at 69..πŸ˜‰

Take a peek at the What Next post...lots of ideas..

I graduated in April but couldn’t see how to get the graduate badge! Could I have it now please?

1 like

Thank you very much!

1 like

Hi

W9R3 complete! Hurrah!

1 like

How do I apply for the badge please as having read your reply it states to β€˜leave my name here’ which I assume means in the reply box? Thank you ,Ethelmary

1 like

It's there..I gave it to you straight away..it does not show on some phones apparently. Check on yr main comp..πŸ˜‰

Ah,sorry.I cannot get the app on my mobile so had to put it into my I pad.I’ve just looked and it’s there.Thank you

1 like

I'm Redcat19 and this morning I completed Week 9 Run 3 so have graduated from C25K. Well chuffed.

2 likes

Hi, super excited. I've completed my w9r3. Feeling fab for doing so 😍πŸ€ͺπŸ‘©β€πŸŽ“ xxx

1 like

1 like

Wooohooo, thank you so much xxx

1 like

Good morning, I've just completed run 3 of week 9. Many thanks to everyone who has posted tips and comments which have been invaluable to me and have helped me achieve something I have always thought impossible.

2 likes

Thank you so much, Oldfloss for the badge and your support along the way. Very much appreciated.

1 like

You are most welcome and thank you also, for appreciating us..x

1 like

Completed C25k two weeks ago - never thought I'd make it. I'm definitely more of a tortoise than a hare, but looking forward to building on it!

1 like

Congratulations and well done

Hi - I just completed W(R3. Feeling very proud of myself and looking forward to having Graduate beside my name!

1 like

Oh my that looks good beside my name πŸ˜€

1 like

Doesn't it:)

1 like

Hi - I just completed the final run - so pleased ! Going to keep running on and get up to 5k !!

2 likes

Hi there... completed w9r3 on Monday around the serpentine lake in the rain πŸ˜‚. Looking forward to keeping it going now . Cheers

1 like

Hi, I completed week 9 run 3 on Sunday and have just been out for the first time without Sarah! Feeling quite proud of myself πŸ₯³

1 like

Hurrah! Completed w9r3 on Monday ... looking forward to the park runs now 😱

1 like

I just completed w9 run 3 this morning - and still amazed that I did it!

1 like

1 like

Good Morning, I completed Week 9 run 3 on Tuesday evening. Can't believe that I can now run 30 minutes without stopping thanks to this brilliant app and forum!! Now to keep on running on my own!!

2 likes

Thank you and thanks for all the encouragement and support received on here.

2 likes

Thank you for acknowledging us x

Hi Oldfloss. I completed W9R3 last night. Feeling good through some achey knees. πŸ‘πŸ˜€

1 like

nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/k...

Congratulations and well done... try these:)

Finished W9R3 today! Username la_sx

1 like

Today I’ve officially ran w9 run 3. Had to do it a few times to be sure. Officially 35mins for 5K I’m over the moon

1 like

1 like

Thanks πŸ‘πŸ»πŸƒπŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ

Hi Oldfloss. I have graduated this evening. Four days later than planned but never the less c25k in 9 weeks and 4 days. I am feeling very proud of myself and would like to thank the c25k community for their encouragement and support. I can't believe I've done it. Now to consolidate all that i have learned. πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘πŸ˜Š

1 like

Hi Oldfloss, I graduated this morning, in the rain, stung by stinging nettles, but happy and looking forward to my running journey SLOWLY evolving, Angus

2 likes

Hi I have done it week 9 run 3 complete - who knew that I could do that - can't wait to be a "graduate" and now concentrate on building speed and tackling more inclines!!!

1 like

Lots of consolidation now.. check out the What Next post... and start mixing up the runs for a couple of weeks... lots of running to build the new legs and your strength and stamina up:)

Morning! I have just completed W9R3! Can’t quite believe I did it! Now to continue the habit!

2 likes

Done it! Brilliant programme!!

1 like

Completed week9R3 tonight πŸ˜€.

1 like

Hallo! Completed week 9 run 3 today! I've actually surprised myself I've been able to do it and i do feel much better in myself too - inspired now to give the parkruns a go, and maybe try to go to 10k...

2 likes

Hi I completed wk9 run 3 yesterday and feel amazing.

2 likes

Hi, I completed last year and stopped running over winter, completed C25K again a few weeks ago and now on my 5th consolidation run. I’m enjoying running 3 x 5k a week now and the knees are holding up well this time around. Thanks for the forum support.

2 likes

Huge well done and congratulations!

Take a peek at the What Next..pinned post maybe...?

1 like

Really grateful to have just graduated this morning. And have celebrated with a bacon butty. Loved reading the posts here. Thanks all.

1 like

Isn’t it a great feeling πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜œ

1 like

It really is. Just seen your graduation post too. Congrats!!

1 like

1 like

Hi. I graduated weeks ago and sent a msg but its still not come through.

Debby

2 likes

Not sure where you posted it? Which Graduation Badges link and which month?

We do have hundreds graduating..so it may have been missed...apologies..

Hi there my husband and I have just graduated πŸŽ‰Feeling fitter happier and lighter!!! Now to keep running πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

3 likes

Congratulations and well done both!

I’ve just completed the c25k, managed 4.6km in the 30 mins on my last run. Now to try to keep motivated and keep up the running.

1 like

Hi! Completed Week 9 run 3 and I am really proud. Telling everyone about the great app. Thank you.

2 likes

Hey I've completed week 9 run 3 and feeling very pleased with myself. Now to keep on with my running and making goals.

2 likes

1 like

Thank you I'll wear it with pride 😊😊

1 like

I finished run 3 of week 9 this morning so I am now officially a graduate 😁

1 like

Not until I give you your badge.......

Only joking...Congratulations and well done!

3 likes

I finished C25K!!

It's taken a few times over the last two years but I've done it!! And I even went further on Wednesday and ran 7.5k 😁😁

2 likes

1 like

I’ve just graduated! Over the moon πŸ˜€

1 like

Hi! First time I've posted on here but been religiously lurking! Finished W9R3 today and can't believe I can now run for 30 minutes! How in hell did that happen?! Would love my Graduation Badge please!

2 likes

I just finished!!! I never would have thought I could do this 9 weeks ago but I did, so anyone reading this for motivation, you can too! 3.5K not 5K but I still finished week 9!

3 likes

Sparkles74. Did it today and over the moon!

1 like

😊 thank you ☺️

What next?? I don’t want to go to 10k... want to consolidate and make it 5k... have you some ideas?

At least two weeks consolidation...short runs..30 minute runs..and the long slow runs that build up stamina, strength and distance. C25K was just the beginning.

Then maybe take a peek at the C25K + podcasts..challenging..but so helpful.Many folk try them too soon after graduating..and miss the point..but they are terrific.

1 like

Thanks so much for your advice... really appreciate it!

Hi, I’ve completed w9r3 of couch to 5k! So pleased ☺️

2 likes

hello Oldfloss, followed your trail and just completed run3week 9, graduated πŸ˜ŠπŸ™Œ

1 like

Go you...πŸ˜€

1 like

cheers sTrongFuse and thanks for the support too appreciated it πŸ‘πŸ™Œ

Huge congratulations and well done you! The trail goes on :)

1 like

Thanks for the support Oldfloss, you and a few others on here were my real inspiration and kept me going , I sincerely thank you for that πŸ™Œ

2 likes

Thank you for acknowledging us...:)

1 like

Hey Floss I wondered if there was a way of seeing which months has the least and most graduates, just wondered. I bet the winter months are slow, and maybe spring/summer time it peaks.

1 like

Winter is slow...but we have a huge intake of January New Resolution runners... a proportion of whom give up.. but many who Graduate early Spring.. weather sometimes slows things down...We as Admins get the numbers of new members but not Graduates... I may do a poll on when did you Graduate... ? Spring Summer, Autumn or Winter...

Autumn is also busy... :)

2 likes

Ah cool. The Admins need a break too I suppose. Hey can I ask, how many are there in the team? Do you sit in an office or do you work remotely from home etc?

1 like

All volunteers... no one is paid a penny.. we do it because we love it...because we are runners... all from home.... We don't really get breaks at all... :)

The team are runners.. working hard and with family lives:)

A lot of folk think we are paid and all live in a little hut somewhere and reply to things 24 hours a day...

Which is why, it is so great to be acknowledged and get the odd thank you occasionally..:)

This tells all.. it is on the Welcome post for C25K ers

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

1 like

That’s a good idea Oldfloss as it would be interesting but haven’t you all got enough to do already?! πŸ€”πŸ€— x

hello I just completed week9 run3, graduated πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘thanks to everyone supporting on here

2 likes

.. and the badge looks great!

Aww I can’t stop looking at itπŸ˜‚ I am sat here grinning like a Cheshire Cat, not sure if it’s elation or the fumes off the brassoπŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ…

1 like

It is a terrific feeling...:) I remember it really well so exciting!

1 like

Congratulations!!!!!

2 likes

cheers Sparkles74, I followed you in , blimey we in big school now πŸ˜ŠπŸ™ŒπŸ€£

1 like

Yay!!! Well done!!!

1 like

Hi Oldfloss. Just completed my W9R3 and so happy to request my grad badge please.

2 likes

1 like

Whoop whoop did it - week 9 run three in the bag the other week, into consolidation phase and up to 4.5k runs now... and even more whoop whoop finally found this thread to get my badge (pretty please!!) Am sadly cursed with shin splints now but my graduation treat is to go get my gait analysed and new trainers! Thanks to those of here who have supported! What a great forum! X

2 likes

Go get sorted and a huge well done and congratulations to you!

I too finished today. What a fantastic feeling and you’ve all helped soooo much. Thank you.

3 likes

Hello - I have just completed week 9 run 3. I changed phones a few weeks ago then couldn't run the last run for 3 weeks because of an injured foot. Unfortunately my app is showing no runs at all as my new phone switched itself off half way through today's run but I swear I did it, all 40 minutes. Please can I graduate x

2 likes

You can.... :) Congratulations and well done!

Thank you that's brilliant.

I completed week 9 run 9 just over a week ago πŸ’ͺ🏻 πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ πŸ…

1 like

Doh run 3!

1 like

Just completed wk 9 run 3 and graduated, chuffed isn't the word. Now for the next achievement 😊😏😊

1 like

Thank you 😊

1 like

Hi Oldfloss, just back from week 9 run 3 and over the moon!

1 like

1 like

Thank you!

1 like

Good morning oldfloss, I have completed W9R3 this morning and feel wonderful! Thanks for your support!

Nanarunrun

😊

2 likes

Good Morning... what a terrific start to your day... when I graduated it was a wet , cold dark December morning... today, certainly here, it is glorious..I hope it was sunny for you too:)

Thank you! Yes it's a sunny morning, which is lovely!

1 like

W9 R3 completed this morning, whoop whoop! Just got to keep it up now

1 like

Thanks for the graduation confirmation

1 like

You are most welcome:)

Woo! Just finished week 9 run 3 this morning. So humid and legs were super heavy but it’s done!! πŸ€—πŸ’ͺ

2 likes

1 like

Hi. Finished my W9R3 today and conpleted my c25k programme. Really feel proud n confident !!

1 like

1 like

thank you for the badge :)

1 like

Just completed w9r3. Feeling a wee bit chuffed with myself.😁😁

1 like

Completed Sunday morning 16th June 😎

A great app and great advice from the good people on these forums!

1 like

Hi. I completed my week 9 graduation run this morning. Thank you for administering such a great community.

1 like

Congratulations and well done! You are most welcome.. we all are runners here and we know how hard you have worked for this:)

1 like

Hi, unbelievably I completed week 9 run 3 on 14th June 2019. Still smiling!

1 like

Hi. I've completed my 3rd run of week 9 πŸ˜ƒ

2 likes

Congratulations and well done!...Time to change your name...epic_WIN x

Haha... Thank you so much. πŸ˜ƒ

1 like

Hi, completed the programme on Monday, feels amazing. I’m a right bore about running at the minute, been telling all my family and friends to get the app and get going! πŸ˜‚

2 likes

Congratulations and well done! Sorry I missed you!!!

Hi! Nailed W9R3 tonight after feeling rough for 2 days so feeling chuffed. Who needs a cold when you're on a tight schedule! I didn't give in because I have a 5k Race for Life on Saturday and want to try and run the whole way. I reckon that's another 500m for me by my rough estimation so fingers crossed. 😊

3 likes

Congratulations and well done! Keep it steady Saturday...walking if you need to...no one will mind x

Hi. I’m so happy to tell you that I’ve just completed week 9 run 3. Please can I have my little graduation badge? I’ll wear it with pride! x

2 likes

1 like

This morning I did my wk9 R3 !! Soo chuffed as I may be slow but didn’t stop and I DID IT!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

1 like

1 like

I’ve just finished my last run, I continued passed 30mins to do a 5k in 34 mins! I’m really pleased with myself. How do I get my graduation πŸ‘©β€πŸŽ“ badge! X

2 likes

Yay! have graduated! Finished week 9, run 3 of the couch to 5K and smashed in an extra 3K. What a great app, really does work and I’d recommend it for anyone wanting a fitness/lifestyle change. Feel so much better physically and mentally. Now time for the 10K runs and then marathons next year.

Apparently I’m meant to post here to get my graduation badgeπŸ˜€

1 like

Congratulations and well done.

Hi there I completed c25k in April. On my way to 10k 😊

1 like

Loads of different consolidation runs for a couple of weeks and take a peek at the What next post!!

1 like

Hello just completed w9 d3 think this is the right place to ask for graduation badge? Thank you from Maydum!

2 likes

Hi. Just completed Week 9 Run 3 to graduate. Very pleased with myself considering I have never considered myself as a runner. At 65 I never thought I would move any faster than walking.

2 likes

Thanks. C25K is an excellent programme.

1 like

Nice to be thanked 😊

Hi oldfloss, I graduated today W9R3 completed!

1 like

1 like

Thanks, i feel chuffed!

Completed W9 R3, this evening.

2 likes

Hi completed the C25K on the 2nd June.

I may have taken a bit more than the 9 weeks but I got there in the end.

Final run was 5.39 Km in 30 minutes, since then I have managed to do 5K in 25:39, next goal is 6K in 30 mins.

1 like

Congratulations and well done,

Thanks for all your help and advice, I completed wk9run3 tonight, slow and steady on the longest day, seems fitting somehow, thanks your 🐌 follower πŸ™ can't find a Brasso emoji 🀣

2 likes

Still waiting for my graduation from may πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Lol ignore that. Just saw it was there πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

I did...πŸ™ƒ

Hi I finished my final run of week 9 this morning! Painterabstract

I finished the programme this morning! Painterabstract

1 like

Hi I finished my final run of week 9 this morning! Painterabstract

2 likes

You badge is there..I responded to your first post.

Ah but it told me it had failed to post. Sorry for the duplication. Thx

Hi, I’ve just completed W9R3. I can’t believe it!!!! Thanks so much to all on here for their support & for pushing me on with their posts. I’m a June graduate!! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ πŸ‘©β€πŸŽ“

1 like

1 like

Thank you, this is a great group & it really helped Ax

1 like

I did it 😁 last run of week 9 this morning! So pleased. Thanks for all the encouragement.

3 likes

1 like

Graduated today but already have a graduation next to me as I graduated 3 years ago. But I’m pleased to be back. πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸŒπŸŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ’–πŸ’–

3 likes

Congratulations and well done. Again ! :) x

Hi, I didn't officially do C25K...believe it or not I hadn't heard of it until recently! But about a year ago I started running in pretty much the way you advocated ie: mainly walking initially with small improvements. I was however until about 5 weeks ago stalled at twice a week for 24 minutes with stops! Then I found you guys and used advice and info off these amazingly supportive folks to get with the programme and am now running 3 times a week and the last 4 have been for 30 minutes! I am so thrilled and tired but enthusiastic...best forum ever! I know I'm not official but any chance of graduate by my name πŸ€žπŸ˜†x

2 likes

Hi there, could I just confirm you have been running for 9 weeks, I can see by your post you have done the 3x 30 min runs. If you have been running for a total of 9 weeks or more we can give you your badge πŸ˜€. Rfc x

1 like

Yes, I can confirm I've been running for more than 9 weeks! Also: Yay 😁

1 like

Thank you, running rocks! x

1 like

I did it!!!!

2 likes

Thank you, running rocks! x

Hi I’ve just completed week 9😁

2 likes

I have completed w9r3 this morning. Not sure if I should celebrate or just go fo a little lie down!!

1 like

Both! Congratulations and well done.

1 like

Hi there, I did wk9 r3 today, guess that makes me a runner, so chuffed. Looking forward to my graduation badge 😁

1 like

1 like

Hi I have just completed week 9 run 3! I finally managed it....can’t quite believe it!

1 like

Hi

I did it ! Completed my W9R3 last Friday - 30 mins 3 times

Felt amazing - before leaving for sunny Greece

Please can I have my badge

Thanks

Amanda

1 like

Congratulations and well done! Enjoy Greece!

Hi Oldfloss

How are you and everyone?

First off all a huge thank you to all of the Admins for the support and encouragement, the time you voluntarily give to the rest of us and to your friends and family for understanding your passion for helping others!!! Award yourselves a huge hug - thank you! πŸ€—πŸ€— Xx

I have not long come back from my final run (unfortunately I’m not sure how to post my β€˜trophy’) so, no rush I promise! could I please officially graduate?? Tyvmuchly πŸ€— xx

Thank you! Hug gratefully received!

Huge congratulations and well done you!!!

We are all good .I am back on track this morning... I will pass your message on to the team..

You have done wonderfully and you are an inspirational member of our forum!

Stick around..this is just the beginning!!! Xxxx

1 like

YW! Thank you πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸ˜ŽπŸ€—πŸ€ͺ Xx

1 like

Well I made it.. Finished week 9 run 3 yesterday 😊 managed to run 5k & beyond twice in the weeks so well chuffed!!

2 likes

Piptheyounger

Piptheyounger W9R3 completed

1 like

Your badge has been given:)

πŸ‘

1 like

Hi I’m Cornwall 1 just completed C25K! Yippee

1 like

Hi there, finished wk 9 run 3 today so I must be a graduate ! Username mazzerclazzer. Cheers

1 like

Hi I graduated today. Completed W9R3. User name is Tonj.

1 like

Hi, completed on Saturday 22nd πŸŽ‰

1 like

Morning I have graduated this morning I can’t believe I can call my self a runner now.

1 like

Hi, I completed yesterday Week 9 run 3....still can't believe it really!! 😁

1 like

Made it completed run 3 week 9

1 like

Good morning. I actually forgot to report that I have completed Week9 run3 on 14 June 2019. I have moved on to Stepping StoneπŸ˜ƒ. Please Oldfloss, May I have a Graduate badge? 🀩

1 like

Congratulations and well done. Do try some consolidation first... we recommend two weeks before trying the C25K+ podcasts.. your new running legs need to vary some runs now.. short ones, and 30 minute ones and some lovely long slow runs:)

The + podcasts are great but challenging.. starting them too soon can be counter productive:)

1 like

Oh wow! I did not even think of that...I just jumped on the C25K+ bandwagon...and wondering why it was sooo hard. I will ponder on a pre-C25k+ regime as you suggested. Thank you Oldfloss!

1 like

You are welcome... it is just that the podcasts can prove tricky and make folk feel unsure... some new routes, some short runs and some 30 minute runs are great for building up our new running legs and our stamina and strength!

Hi! Just completed week 9 run 3! Now to keep on going!

1 like

Hello! I’ve finished my week 9 run 3 this morning and managed to get to the magical 5k for the first time! I’ve found this app and forum a massive support and I am ever so pleased with myself! Onwards and upwards, although not too steep an incline please πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸŽ“

1 like

You may also like...