Couch to 5K
79,420 members โ€ข 110,676 posts

Week 9 Run 3- I've graduated- I am a runner now!

Well- I've only gone and done it! yes I've graduated with my final run of the programme and I struggle to believe it only took 9 weeks-(well 10 actually as I, like many had to repeat week 6 - as I was so scared of going forward!). I have accepted the discomfort and internal fight I have for the first 10 minutes and now do seem to have settled into a rhythm of sorts.

Can I have some advice, as I now feel a little lost as to what to do next- yes I want to carry on running and actually log my distance, whereas currently its just been about time. But have no idea how to do this- app suggestions? I love the encouragement of Michael Johnson, but don't want to just repeat week 9 forever.

My next run is Friday morning as I am now happy its part of my regular routine, can't wait for warmer weather though! even contemplating a park run, but concerned over running with others- any tips?

Thanks for the support so far

10 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Many congratulations to you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ

For the next 3 weeks just concentrate on 3x 30 minute runs.

Then as you try to improve your distance try MapMyRun app for logging and keeping track itโ€™s simple to use and has routes you can try from other folk too. Canโ€™t comment on park runs as Iโ€™ve never done one nor wish to but thatโ€™s just me I enjoy the freedom of solidarity too much.

1 like

Well done!! ๐Ÿ‘

Congratulations on completing c25k you must be so pleased. For the next few weeks just keep going 30 minutes 3 times per week and you could download Strava that app worked for me . ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

1 like

Well done on graduating, great effort! Thereโ€™s the โ€œbridge to 10Kโ€ forum on here you can join when you feel ready! Lots of good advice on what to do next there! As a recent graduate myself I did my first parkrun last Saturday and enjoyed it! Definitely worth trying one to see if you like it or not! I can guarantee if youโ€™ve completed this programme, you definitely wonโ€™t be the slowest there ๐Ÿ˜‚

Congratulations and very well done to you for your great achievement. Happy running. Definitely try a Parkrun soon.

Damien

Congratulations! I would definitely recommend park run, I can understand your concern but Park run is more about community than competition. It's for people of all abilities and you'll get lots of encouragement and support.

1 like

Well done!!!! Keep it up - hopefully that will be me in 3 weeks - so close yet so far.

Many congratulations on your graduation fellow runner.

This guide to post C25K running was written for you healthunlocked.com/couchto5...โ€ฆโ€ฆ.what-next

Keep running, keep smiling.

Thatโ€™s fabulous Jaguar 1965, Iโ€™ve just done week six run one and have looked at the second and third runs of week 6 and feel the same as you did๐Ÿ™ˆ. But youโ€™ve done fabulous well done! ๐Ÿ˜

I m wondering the same thing as I m on week 9. I have registered for a 10k in June to keep the momentum going. I think I might do a 7k in May but not sure yet. I use strava and follow a couple of local runners and look at their routes for a bit of variety. you could check out local 5K routes in parks near you and run them. I think a bit of planning will keep you entertained.

You may also like...