Week 9, Run 3: I AM A GRADUATE!: I HAVE DONE IT... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,329 members120,427 posts

Week 9, Run 3: I AM A GRADUATE!

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
30 Replies

I HAVE DONE IT!

I'm slightly delayed, but I am a GRADUATE :D.

I went back to the no-aircon gym this morning before work (meant getting up at 6am.. I have officially been awake for 12 hours) to smash W9R3.

It was by far the hottest, sweatiest run I have done to date - even my (much fitter) running buddy was suffering with the heat and sticky-ness, however, I took it all in my stride and went off at 8.8km/h which was slightly faster than Monday's run! I had to have a 30 second break for water halfway through, and accidentally hit emergency stop for about 40 seconds (LOL) but I made sure that I ran through the cool down section to make up for these, and completed my 5k in 36 mins!

This Programme really is incredible, I've gained a new hobby, my general mood has improved and fitness levels increased. I honestly remember week 1 and really struggling even running for 60 seconds, then the perils of W5 and 6 where I was "a runner!", the overly hot runs in 7, 8 and 9. I wouldn't have changed anything about this programme and if you are new reading this: stick with it, trust in the programme and yourself because if I can do it - we all can!

CAN'T WAIT TO DO A GRADUATION PARK RUN AT THE WEEKEND.

30 Replies
oldestnewest
telford_mike
telford_mikeGraduate

Congratulations Becky1606 , a really great achievement. Step up onto the podium and collect your virtual graduation badge here:

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to telford_mike

Thanks Mike!

Marko5

Well done. That’s awesome news.

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to Marko5

Thanks Marko, super pleased

BlondeAmbition72

CONGRATULATIONS!! Well done fellow graduate 😉👍. Awesome achievement 😊

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to BlondeAmbition72

Finally caught up with you lol! X

1 like
BlondeAmbition72
BlondeAmbition72Graduate
in reply to Becky1606

I never doubted you would! 👍😊 Loving your shiny Graduate badge - suits you 😉. Well done. Onto 10k now?? 👍

Lorijay
LorijayGraduate

Congratulations Becky, huge well done!! Hope you are enjoying your graduation celebration for a great achievement :) :)

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to Lorijay

Thanks a lot! I was beaming all day at work

owmeknees

Congratulations and well done! 👍👏🍾🥂🎉🥇

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to owmeknees

Thanks!!

1 like
ArthurJG
ArthurJGGraduate

Well done - and you'll love the parkrun!

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to ArthurJG

Thanks! I loved it when I attempted it in W8 - gonna try beat my time now

1 like
Jelon
JelonGraduate

Well done especially in this heat 😊👍🏻😆🏃‍♀️

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to Jelon

Thanks! It was horribly sweaty lol

Robert_IS_a_Runner

Hurrah! Well done 🌟👍😇

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to Robert_IS_a_Runner

Thanks !!

Fabulous450
Fabulous450Graduate

Delayed?? Becky you’re right on time!! 😁😁Whoop whoop! Graduate running now!! 😍Congratulations. (Sorry that’s the delayed bit!, missed it!)! Fantastic! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽🏆🎓❤️

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to Fabulous450

Thanks fabulous! Look at us - GRADUATES now!!!

1 like
Fabulous450
Fabulous450Graduate
in reply to Becky1606

I know Becky I feel like doing somersaults just thinking about it!! Graduate Runners!! 😱😍❤️

MandiV

Well done 👍

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to MandiV

_SimonT_
_SimonT_Graduate

Yay Becky!! Fantastic! 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻💥💫😀 What a star you are! And not just a 30 minute run but a 5K run! Whoop Whoop!

Congratulations for graduating the program! Now you can run anywhere and do anything! 🏃‍♀️🎉🎊👏🏻😎🍾🍾🎊🎉🏃‍♀️

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to _SimonT_

Can’t believe I’ve actually done it honestly!! Thanks loads Simon!

1 like
Sinanhawat18
Sinanhawat18Graduate

Congrats! Having just finished W6R3, I can imagine how wonderful you must be feeling. Your achievement seems to me like a far away dream especially as I was really out of breath by the time I finished the run! Wonderful achievement, well done!

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to Sinanhawat18

Thanks so much! Week 6 Run 3 was my turning point, everything seemed to be ok from there so I have no doubt you’ll smash these last 3 weeks!

1 like
Sinanhawat18
Sinanhawat18Graduate
in reply to Becky1606

May I ask about the speed which you advise me to do from now on? so far I have been running on 7km/h and in the last run I was on 6.5 in the last 10 minutes of the 25 minutes. So I often barely run more than 3 km or less in one exercise.

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to Sinanhawat18

I think everyone's speed is slightly different - general consensus on here is to go at a pace which you can hold a conversation easily - I test this by randomly muttering 1,2,3 or asking my running friend a question :). My boyfriend runs at about that pace too though so it seems perfectly fine as long as it's comfortable for you!

Distance doesn't really matter at this stage of the programme - its all about being able to run for 30 mins solid, the distance can come later :)

MeandMam
MeandMamGraduate

Whoo hoo! Well done Becky! I’m impressed you even managed the full 5k with your graduation run. I may join you on the podium if I manage to get out tomorrow...

Becky1606
Becky1606Graduate
in reply to MeandMam

Thanks! :D Hopefully you're up here with me today!! :D

You may also like...