Couch to 5K
73,777 members105,705 posts

Got the lurgy- need to run!

So annoyed. I graduated a couple of weeks ago and now combined with Christmas and horrible flare up of asthma caused by some viral coughing bug that seems to be doing the rounds, wondering when I’ll be back into my trainers 😞

I’ve been given some prednisone so will be bouncing off the walls and stuffing my face in a few hours 😱

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Don’t rush back as it won’t be pleasant... maybe do some core work and strengthening exercises while you recover. Get well soon.

I’m going to see how I am next week and take it slowly. Just so frustrating!!

1 like

Yeah... we are hopeless addicts that miss our endorphins!

1 like

Oh sympathy! 🙁

I too am not running because of the cough virus that seems to be affecting so many people... so I am walking for now. The running will just have to wait.

Mend well, you will be back in those running shoes soon & enjoying it all the more after a break. 😃

Thanks for your support! It’s so rubbish isn’t it? I had pneumonia two years ago and was in hospital over Christmas so I’m a bit paranoid about getting it again! The main reason I started up running was to improve my lungs. I’ll be back in those trainers in no time hopefully 😊

I really understand your cautious approach- very wise! I too had pneumonia (last spring) & have learned that running in the cold with upset lungs is not the way to go! My dr was very supportive about getting going with running again- but his advice was to run when it was not cold or damp. I am beginning to think about a “pay as you go” gym arrangement for the next couple of months so I can exercise in the warm & dry. I am not a gym enthusiast generally, but it might have its place in the circumstances. 😀 Take care, I hope you feel better soon. 😃

Thanks - it's very frustrating, but I need to just pace myself. It's certainly gone a lot colder today, so probably will be next week before I get my trainers back on!!

You may also like...