Finished week 5 day 3!: I'm so thrilled to be... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
83,014 members114,525 posts

Finished week 5 day 3!

I'm so thrilled to be here. I just finished the 20-minute run on day 3 of week 5! So excited!! Thank you all for all your posts and encouragement so far. It's been such a great help, even if I don't post a lot. If you're gearing up for week 5, day 3, just know that you CAN do it. Go as slow as you need to, with the aim of finishing, not finishing fast. :)

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Congratulations snoozle on completing run 3 of week 5, a milestone run with C25K, onwards and upwards to week 6 run 1 but be careful about that run as it catches out some people with the interval walks and runs 🏃 😊

1 like

Thank you!!

On the cusp of week 5 starting Friday hopefully, excited to think I will do 20 mins by the end. Half of me is saying trust in the programme and the others is saying .........me 20 mins? don’t be ridiculous 😂

2 likes

It's completely doable! Just remember to go as slow as you want. The goal this time around is to build up endurance, so don't worry about speed!

1 like

Well done. I’m doing this run 🏃‍♀️ Friday. I’m actually looking forward to it....I do feel ‘ready’ to do it. Happy running 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

1 like

That's exactly how I felt! I think you'll do just fine. It's such a rush, finishing that one! :) Good luck and have fun!

1 like

There it is... the run that proves you can do this... very well done. For me it was an emotional run, it looked like a beast, but you showed what you’d got and how far you’d come. Slow and steady into week six and you got this.

1 like

It's such a great feeling, isn't it? Thanks for your kind words of encouragement!

1 like

Just did the same myself last Friday and now into week six. The sense of achievement is great and can’t wait to get onto week 7

1 like

Congratulations!!!

Amazeballs!

1 like

Thank you!!

Congratulations! Thanks for posting. I'm starting week 5 tomorrow, bit apprehensive about r3 😱, how did you find the jump from 2 8mins to 20mins?

1 like

Sorry, I just saw this! I didn't find the jump too hard at all, and in fact, started out slower than I needed to and was able to up my speed. Just remember, you can go as slow as you need to. Distance/speed will come with time! If you've already done run 3, I hope it went well! :)

1 like

Thanks, I ended up doing w5r2 on the way out then w5r3 back home as it was raining and I thought it a bit daft to walk when I could run!

You may also like...