Couch to 5K
68,957 members101,240 posts

Off the couch!

Finally caught up with today’s posts, if I missed anyone, you did great too!

So, ankle is good, and it survived a couple of good walks, so today was time to run on it. Half a mile was the only target, and it was going to take more than 5 minutes. Off I went and within a few yards a grin grew on my face that wasn’t going to go easily. Ran all the way to Tesco... bought a bottle of wine and walked back... take that car, I’m back!

Couple more like that and then it’ll be mile runs. Not a hint of a complaint from the ankle, and it felt so good to just run. Now, where’s my corkscrew?

Happy running guys... and don’t forget your barcodes in the morning!

59 Replies
oldestnewest

Good to have you back... :) Cheers:) x

1 like

Cheers 🍷

1 like

Fabulous UNM! Great that you’re back. Enjoy that wine! 🍷

Thanks for the barcode reminder. Think it’s going to be a 💦 💦 one!

Tesco... in December... in little shorts 😂

Ok, I regretted my attire on the walk home!

That wet is getting a bit less pleasant... let’s hope it’s just a drizzle.

Cheers 🍷

1 like

Ha! Well I often pop into Tesco after parkrun, but I think I’ll be heading straight home tomorrow morning. The forecast is truly dire! 💦💦💦💦💦

Cheers! 🍷

You’ll soon dry off! Have a great one.

One day I’ll run to Waitrose, but it’s about 12 miles 😂

1 like

You’ll do it UNM - but I don’t envy you a 12 mile walk home! 🚶‍♀️ 🚶‍♀️ 🚶‍♀️

Yay!! Welcome back UNM! Glad to hear that your slowly slowly approach has worked well on your ankle. We missed you!

Gotta be careful... the injury was a reminder I’m not a teenager any more... I still bounce back, but need to be careful to complete recovery.

Cheers 🍷

1 like

Those teenage years are a long way away in the wrong direction for me. Glad you still bounce back though!

Just wish I still bounced 😂

Well done and wisely being gentle on yourself.

Nice wine?

Nothing special... tastes good though.

Yeah, think it’s gonna be a few of them, then miles, maybe a 2 before Christmas, but no need to rush back to 5k, and nothing to gain by doing so. Just good to be out there and that’ll do me until New Years.

Cheers 🍷

1 like

Well said, UNM. I went from 8k or so, and I'm managing 2.5 at the minute due to an injury and weight gain. (Also somewhat due to work commitments and injury...) But I recon I'll be up to 3k by Christmas and during a very dry (and fat free!) January, the distances will only get longer!

Indeed... we did the plan... we can come back from injury easier than that, and we hopefully all learned how to do it gradually. 3k Christmas morning would do me just fine... and the daylight is coming back, just hope we don’t get too much snow. Great to hear you’re back of that IC and getting out there again mate.

1 like

Yay!!!! Nice to see you back!! Enjoy 🍷

Thanks... watching you guys all run is cool, but can’t beat getting out there! Cheers 🍷

1 like

Just in time for Christmas too. Lol how close did you get to your PB? I'm putting distance off till new year. Every run now will just be for a certain time. Too much going on to be thinking about pushing. It's all about getting out and enjoying things while clearing your head. This group really does help to teach that. I'd probably be tormenting myself about times & how far or close I am. yes I want to beat it, in time it will happen....

Excellent. Hope your back very soon.

Gonna take it easy back to 5k so a few weeks... then I’d best see about that PB 😂

Cheers 🍷

Glad to see you're back. I'll be watching for lots of posts.

Cheers 🍷

How’s your running going?

1 like

Strange!! I thought I'd replied. I certainly wrote something. Anyhow, running going well but concentrating on 2.5km for now as time is at a premium. Achieving around 16/17 minutes, so happy with that. And, 2.5km is better than nothing :)

Certainly is... difficult to fit it all in with dark and the silly season... ticking over will have you nice and ready for the return of the light.

2 likes

Well done UnfitNoMore, enjoy that wine, nice to see your ankle is on the mend 👏🏻💪🏻

Cheers 🍷

Good job the above is only virtual wine 😂

Hopefully no reaction overnight... roll on Sunday!

1 like

This festive season is a real tester...running or drinks? Running or drinks....hmmmm...cheers UnfitNoMore...enjoy your weekend x

Running THEN drinks 😀. So, Christmas morning usually starts with a bottle of fizz in my house, this year it’s starting with a little run! Have a great weekend.

Cheers 🍷

2 likes

Haha...mine too...a little run Christmas morning will help me face the Christmas dinner line up!! Cheers 🥂

1 like

Intimidating lineup? First year in ages here it’s just the household... my dad decided to get a new woman and she ain’t coming here... tried to be nice to her but I don’t enjoy her company in the slightest.

That’s made my day. So glad to have you back x

I never went anywhere... quite literally 😂 but I know what you mean!

Cheers 🍷

1 like

Back out there then, if you must be so pernickety 😜

1 like

🙂 . Can't keep a good man down, and the wine aisle is a pretty good incentive.

So glad your ankle held up well 🍷🍷

Thanks... and cheers 🍷. It’s still not complaining so hopefully it won’t in the morning

Welcome back! Enjoy the festivities. .

Happy Xmas and a merry new year's eve 😸

Thanks... have a great one yourself

1 like

Woo hoo!! Glad you are back on the road. Take it easy on the wine. I wouldn't want you to have another accident. ;)

Hehe... no accidents! It’s great to be back.

Congratulations.

Thanks... little and gentle start

1 like

Welcome back UNM, great have you back all healed 👍

Thanks... feels great to be back

Hoorah! On the mend quicker than expected too - good stuff!

Yeah, I wasn’t expecting to heal so fast... carefully does it now. Thanks

1 like

Really pleased for you!!!!........ What barcodes?!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Barcodes for those going to parkrun! Thanks

Haha 😂 should have thought of that!! Haven't quite got a park run focus yet!!!

Welcome back. Glad u enjoyed ur run. What barcodes??

Thanks. Barcodes for parkrun.

Great to have you back!

Thanks... I chose the right day too judging by the winds and cold!

1 like

Merry Christmas and thank you for all the support you give everyone 👍

And merry Christmas to you too.

Great work UNM! So glad it went well for you! 🤩🙌

Cheers... second one today went well too.

1 like

Awesome! 🙌👌

1 like

Yay! 👏

1 like

Cheers!

You may also like...