Last run of the conference. Got lost but feel ... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
103,188 members โ€ข 132,914 posts

Last run of the conference. Got lost but feel great ๐Ÿ˜†

southlundon
southlundonGraduate
โ€ข13 Replies

So this was hard because I got lost trying to combine Monday and yesterday morningโ€™s runs! I didnโ€™t want to go out tomorrow first thing as Iโ€™m definitely not working tonight (after finishing just before midnight last night...) so I want to have a couple of glasses of wine and a lie-in tomorrowโ˜บ๏ธ

After the first 2.5km circuit I couldnโ€™t find the way onto the playing fields so ended up running down the grass verge alongside a very busy duel carriageway. Not recommended! Then I somehow got onto to the University of Leeds cycle track and picked my way through to the field I wanted. The relief was immense!

I had to briefly stop twice to get my bearings and cross the duel carriageway but otherwise kept going even though I was tempted to give up when I got lost. I felt just amazing when I finished and even managed an slight increase in speed for the last minute ๐Ÿ˜…

Oh and weirdly my time up the big hill was only 2 seconds less then when I ran up it with super HM woman on Monday. That was a lovely surprise!

13 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Yup, that run with the HMer was certainly a good speed session then! Well done up that hill.

If you hadnโ€™t said youโ€™d got lost your map looks like and exquisitely planned figure 8 route ๐Ÿ˜‚

Good run. Enjoy the next back on familiar ground.

southlundon
southlundonGraduate
in reply to UnfitNoMore

Cheers Unfit! Yes it does look planned from the map - if you look carefully though youโ€™ll see just near the roundabout on the left I ran into a thicket of brambles thinking it was the way into the fields and had to wait a bit for the cars on the roundabout to move before coming back out otherwise theyโ€™d have wondered why I went into a woody dead end corner full of thorns ๐Ÿ˜‚

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator
in reply to southlundon

I see it now ๐Ÿ˜‚

southlundon
southlundonGraduate
in reply to UnfitNoMore

๐Ÿคฃ

theoldfellow
theoldfellowGraduate

Excellent route. Clearly divinely directed.

Well done.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ฃโค

southlundon
southlundonGraduate
in reply to theoldfellow

Honestly there was one bit where I saw the playing field I was searching for and it honestly felt like God had given me a helping hand. I was so thankful ๐Ÿ˜„

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Huge well done you... and remember.. Just because we are lost... it does not mean we don't know where we are:)

southlundon
southlundonGraduate
in reply to Oldfloss

Gosh thatโ€™s deep OF. ๐Ÿค” Thank you!

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator
in reply to southlundon

It is isn't it:) Feeling a bit deep this evening:)

Fabulous450
Fabulous450Graduate

Fantastic southlundon ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ ๐Ÿ˜! It amazing how finding your way back feels after starting to worry a bit about where the "h"! you actually are, in this place that you donโ€™t even know, (can you tell, I've been there? ๐Ÿคฃ) and then just by some stroke of divine internal self-direction (cough...cough๐Ÿคซ) you recognise where you are. Doesn't that put a lovely pep of achievement in your step? ๐Ÿ˜‚! Go you!! Now you're the super woman around here! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธ

southlundon
southlundonGraduate
in reply to Fabulous450

Aww thanks Fab. *sniff* You lot are lovely x

well done for not giving up

southlundon
southlundonGraduate
in reply to SOlb

Thanks!

You may also like...