Couch to 5K
81,083 members112,403 posts

I feel like a runner!

Just completed my W4R1 tonight and feel amazing! I did get a stitch towards the end of the first 5min run. Then I got MJ's tips about breathing deeply and it definitely helped and was fine for the next two runs. I love this!

And to add to my feeling like a runner, I even continued along my preferred route instead of taking a detour when I had to run past a group of teens and even someone who looks much fitter than me doing burpees in lycra!

Today, I even told a couple of friends that I'm doing this. And I've posted this on here - my first ever post. So that proves it - I am now a runner!

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done, you should be proud you’ve done great. Try drinking more fluids during the day before you run that may help prevent getting a stitch, I also routinely have a banana 30 mins before a run. Good luck for your next one! 🙂

1 like

Some great advice. I don't think I do drink enough generally. Looking forward to Sunday!

Well done, yes indeed you are now a runner, 🏃 but it's not until W6R3, the first of 4/25 minute runs that you are told that you are OFFICIALLY a runner, once again well done in completing W4R1🏃🏃😊😊

Oh. Ok.

Ignore them! You're running, ergo you are a runner. Go for it!

1 like

Welcome to the forum and well done on getting started.

This guide to the plan is essential reading healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Keep running, keep smiling.

1 like

Thank you. I've read it. It's extremely useful.

Well done you. W4R1 for me is on Monday, i will carry your positivity with me.

Good luck for Monday! You can do it!

Keep running 🏃‍♀️ and thanks for the words of encouragement today for me. 👍we will crack this 😊🏃‍♀️😊🏃‍♀️

1 like

You may also like...