Yay back on the road again ๐Ÿ˜…: After a two week... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

121,439 members โ€ข 151,824 posts

Yay back on the road again ๐Ÿ˜…

southlundon profile image
southlundonGraduate
โ€ข22 Replies

After a two week break (I know, I know, blame the school holidays...) I got out there tonight on a gorgeous evening in my neck of the woods and it went quickly even if it wasnโ€™t a total breeze. And Iโ€™m happy with it going quickly!

My friend told me this was a โ€˜flatโ€™ route (for round here) but actually it was almost downhill till the halfway point so I got off to a quick start and then slowed down rapidly ๐Ÿ˜†

I just need to decide now whether I go back to my 7am routine or perhaps move to lunchtimes (I usually work from home) or evenings until it gets too dark. Whatever I choose I need to stick to it and not lose all the progress I made following the programme!

22 Replies
โ€ข
UnfitNoMore profile image
UnfitNoMoreGraduate

Nothing beats a short break when it comes to PBs! Very good run

southlundonGraduate in reply to UnfitNoMore

Thanks very much! Itโ€™s a bit of a cheat though as normally I run up steep hills so being on a much flatter route definitely helped ๐Ÿ˜

UnfitNoMore profile image
UnfitNoMoreGraduate in reply to southlundon

I need a free fall ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

southlundonGraduate in reply to UnfitNoMore

You get that coming down steep hills!

Wow look at all those PBS! Awesome!!

Itโ€™s great working from home isnโ€™t it?? I do 2 days per week which means I can be flexible when I run so it fits in with me. Will work even better in the winter so I can run in daylight.

I also like to mix up what time I run, fasted morning run, afternoon...I enjoy mixing it up.

Good work on your run today! ๐Ÿ‘

southlundonGraduate in reply to Little-runner

Cheers Little! Iโ€™ve been following your progress btw (love todayโ€™s Swiss shot) and really hope the hip gets totally better very soon ๐Ÿ˜€

Little-runner profile image
Little-runnerGraduate in reply to southlundon

Aw thanks! Hip feeling much better and thank goodness!

Ps Iโ€™m Zoe Snell on Strava if you want to follow x

southlundonGraduate in reply to Little-runner

Found you!

AlMorr profile image
AlMorrGraduate

Nice that you are back and back on the road again, wonderful that you have ran a PB, I notice is says 'personal record' on that graph, congratulations

southlundonGraduate in reply to AlMorr

Thanks Al! I really enjoyed tonight - big difference where I live to Glasgow city though ๐Ÿ˜„

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator

Mornings.... :)

They get darker but it is wonderful... and watching the morning arrive in the winter months is magical:)

Flat.... ahhh....that word itself, also, is magical :) Well done you!

southlundonGraduate in reply to Oldfloss

I did say it was โ€˜flatโ€™, Old, not proper flat! ๐Ÿ˜… The only thing about winter mornings is the lack of street lamps round here would make my normal route tricky so I have to have a think about the practicalities ๐Ÿค”

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to southlundon

I ran lanes... and spooky old roads,,,, head torch... :)x

southlundonGraduate in reply to Oldfloss

Oh yes, that would be a good idea ๐Ÿ˜

Fabulous450 profile image
Fabulous450Graduate

Hey well done on getting back to your running and a long list of PBs ๐Ÿ˜ฒ!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ โค๏ธ

southlundonGraduate in reply to Fabulous450

Thanks Fab - your posts have made me feel guilty so Iโ€™m glad to be back in the groove ๐Ÿ˜†

Fabulous450Graduate in reply to southlundon

Itโ€™s easy to get caught up and the days just zoom by!! Youโ€™re back! Thatโ€™s all that matters!! Yaay!! โค๏ธ

southlundonGraduate in reply to Fabulous450

Youโ€™re fab, Fab! X

Fabulous450Graduate in reply to southlundon

So are you!! Run southlundon run!! Youโ€™re a star!! ๐Ÿคฉโค๏ธ

lexi6 profile image
lexi6Graduate

Great stats Southlundon, especially with all those hills, what a lovely part of the UK you live in, some of my ancestors hailed from Ribchester, (now residing at St Wilfrids) Good to see you back ๐Ÿ‘

southlundonGraduate in reply to lexi6

Very near me lexi! And thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

lexi6 profile image
lexi6Graduate

We had a yummy meal at the White Bull Ribchester, said to be haunted and once owned by the Pinders (my โ€œrelliesโ€) ๐Ÿ‘ป

You may also like...