Couch to 5K
64,384 members97,453 posts

Yay back on the road again 😅

Yay back on the road again 😅

After a two week break (I know, I know, blame the school holidays...) I got out there tonight on a gorgeous evening in my neck of the woods and it went quickly even if it wasn’t a total breeze. And I’m happy with it going quickly!

My friend told me this was a ‘flat’ route (for round here) but actually it was almost downhill till the halfway point so I got off to a quick start and then slowed down rapidly 😆

I just need to decide now whether I go back to my 7am routine or perhaps move to lunchtimes (I usually work from home) or evenings until it gets too dark. Whatever I choose I need to stick to it and not lose all the progress I made following the programme!

22 Replies
oldestnewest

Nothing beats a short break when it comes to PBs! Very good run

1 like

Thanks very much! It’s a bit of a cheat though as normally I run up steep hills so being on a much flatter route definitely helped 😁

I need a free fall 😂😂

1 like

You get that coming down steep hills!

1 like

Wow look at all those PBS! Awesome!!

It’s great working from home isn’t it?? I do 2 days per week which means I can be flexible when I run so it fits in with me. Will work even better in the winter so I can run in daylight.

I also like to mix up what time I run, fasted morning run, afternoon...I enjoy mixing it up.

Good work on your run today! 👍

1 like

Cheers Little! I’ve been following your progress btw (love today’s Swiss shot) and really hope the hip gets totally better very soon 😀

1 like

Aw thanks! Hip feeling much better and thank goodness!

Ps I’m Zoe Snell on Strava if you want to follow x

1 like

Found you!

1 like

Nice that you are back and back on the road again, wonderful that you have ran a PB, I notice is says 'personal record' on that graph, congratulations

1 like

Thanks Al! I really enjoyed tonight - big difference where I live to Glasgow city though 😄

Mornings.... :)

They get darker but it is wonderful... and watching the morning arrive in the winter months is magical:)

Flat.... ahhh....that word itself, also, is magical :) Well done you!

1 like

I did say it was ‘flat’, Old, not proper flat! 😅 The only thing about winter mornings is the lack of street lamps round here would make my normal route tricky so I have to have a think about the practicalities 🤔

1 like

I ran lanes... and spooky old roads,,,, head torch... :)x

1 like

Oh yes, that would be a good idea 😁

1 like

Hey well done on getting back to your running and a long list of PBs 😲!! 😍😍 ❤️

1 like

Thanks Fab - your posts have made me feel guilty so I’m glad to be back in the groove 😆

1 like

It’s easy to get caught up and the days just zoom by!! You’re back! That’s all that matters!! Yaay!! ❤️

1 like

You’re fab, Fab! X

1 like

So are you!! Run southlundon run!! You’re a star!! 🤩❤️

1 like

Great stats Southlundon, especially with all those hills, what a lovely part of the UK you live in, some of my ancestors hailed from Ribchester, (now residing at St Wilfrids) Good to see you back 👍

1 like

Very near me lexi! And thank you 😊

1 like

We had a yummy meal at the White Bull Ribchester, said to be haunted and once owned by the Pinders (my “rellies”) 👻

1 like

You may also like...