I’m back (Again): I’m happy, just back from a 5k... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
86,072 members117,826 posts

I’m back (Again)

I’m happy, just back from a 5k run. First time running it all without any walking breaks in a few months.

I had back problems a few months ago, I was told by the Physio I had to take a break from running for a while. So I’ve been easing myself back for the past month.

I took it nice and slow, but steady and comfortable and ran the 5K in 38:07. I’ll work at building up my endurance sticking to 5K. So happy to have ran 5K again. Feels great to be back.

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Great to hear that you have the distance back, nice one.

1 like

Welcome back 👍.

Hope you can keep going

🍀

Thanks. I will keep it going now.

Hi damienair...sorry to hear you picked up an injury. Good to have you back running with us😊x

Thank you so much. I’m a long way away from 30 minute 5k’s. But who cares, it’s great to be back.

1 like

Yay! Good to see you back!

1 like

Welcome back. It's so good to hear about people coming back after injury; it's one of the things that really terrifies me. I am really impressed with your dedication xxxx

1 like

Thank you. I had taken a break from running last November and December. In January I started the year off by doing 5K every day for the month of January, walking 5K one day and running 5K every second day. I had built up a good base again and continued running through February. In March I hurt my back during the heavy snow fall. Turned out it was due to a slightly dislocated left hip. So I was advised to give up running during Physio and for 3-4 months afterwards. But all is good now and I will keep going and training. Plan is to get back into Parkrun in October.

You may also like...