Couch to 5K
76,743 members β€’ 108,232 posts

Right, it’s decided. Parkrun next Saturday! πŸ˜€πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜³

I figure if I tell you lot I’m going to do it, I won’t be able to back out! Barcodes are printed out - bring it on!

My daughter is going to do it with me, so we scoped the course out this morning. We intended to do 4k, but ended up doing 5.25k, it was so much fun. πŸ˜€ I even shaved a couple of minutes off my 5k time from last week, which is very encouraging! πŸ’ͺ🏻

There’s even a hill which I managed (🐌), and I’d been dreading that, but actually it wasn’t too bad. We did it 3 times too!

Can’t wait for Saturday now! Ooooooo, our first Parkrun, so exciting! πŸ™Œ

Happy running everyone! ❀️

48 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Hi cheeky, That’s Brilliant I’m so pleased you enjoyed your prep run going farther than you intended and knocking minutes off your pb 5k. I’m so pleased for you and I know you will enjoy the parkrun especially as your doing it with your daughter you are right to be excited. Go for it and well done πŸ‘πŸ˜€

2 likes

Thanks Runsome! She’s quicker than me (especially up the hill), but having her there really spurred me on. Very excited! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

2 likes

And your doing hills as well, no stopping you nowπŸ˜€

1 like

Haha, yes - I was doing the tree trunk to tree trunk thing on the 3rd time up it though! But at least I was going faster than the walkers ahead of me (thank goodness! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…)

1 like

Enjoy it!

1 like

I have a feeling we will Jay! Thanks! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

1 like

You'll have a great time😊 - have fun and enjoy the atmosphere - it does help get you round but by the sound of it you have it nailed already!

I'm hoping to do it on Saturday - it'll be my graduation run if all goes to plan.

Happy running x

4 likes

Whoa Bandit, imagine the feeling when you graduate and complete your Parkrun at the same time! Epic!

I really can’t wait! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜€

Me too, all ready for next week :) looking forward to it, even though it’ll be tough to start

1 like

Yay Elmz! Good luck to you too - I suspect the atmosphere will help!

Go us! πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻

Great cheeky and about time!!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜ I'm sure you'll love it and be complety addicted soon. There really is a lovely atmosphere and no pressure to go fast or in any particular time, lots of people walk bits of it.

I love, love parkrun!! Was planning to go last Saturday but combination of knee pain and recovering from some punishing shifts stopped me. I'm away this weekend but then I'll be back for some parkrun love! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Great stuff Crawlhome! I remember reading your positive posts about Parkrun and other people’s too, and I thought - hey I want some of that! It’ll be a week earlier than I’d planned, but because of today, we thought to heck with it, bring it on!! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

1 like

Go you πŸ‘πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š. Well done - very impressed - there’ll be no stopping you now. Go cheeky πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Thanks Beanjo! I’m a changed person! Bonkers for a confirmed running hater less than 3 months ago! πŸ˜…

2 likes

I know that feeling. It’s great isn’t it- I love it 😊

1 like

You runner you πŸ‘πŸ»good luck with the Park run on Saturday 🐎🐎

1 like

Thanks Oldlady - not so much of the 🐎, definitely still a 🐌 !! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Well done for signing up πŸ‘ You'll absolutely love it. I'm leaving the U.K. for a few months this week and parkrun is the thing I'll miss most (don’t tell my mum). Do it for fun, soak up all the smiles, applause and encouragement. You've earned it all πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

2 likes

Aww thanks Mike, I have a feeling I’m going to love it already!

Sad you’ll be gone for a bit. Hope you can still run, and post on here telling us all about it?

Good luck! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸ‘πŸ»

I'll be in Switzerland - I did most of C25K there. It's a bit hilly but the views are great πŸ˜€

2 likes

Ahh yes I remember! I did W7 and most of W8 in Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen, and yes the views were lovely! πŸ˜€

You’ll be the master of hills, that’s for sure! β›° πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ

1 like

Thats great cheeky....You will love it ...the atmostphere is brilliant ...Good luck for sat ..😊😊😊

1 like

Thanks Myrar, I can already tell Parkrun is going to be a regular feature in my week! Can’t wait! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

That sounds brilliant CCM - you will really enjoy it I’m sure and lovely to have your daughter there as your running buddy - I know what you mean about telling the folks on the forum though!! Once you’ve done that you have to go through with it!!

1 like

It kind of seals the deal doesn’t it?! It would be wrong to let all your virtual running buddies down! πŸ˜…

How exciting Cheeky!!!!

You're on a roll.....have fun!!!

You're going to smash it......!!!

#gocheeky πŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ™Œ

1 like

I’m ridiculously excited Hotheels! I’m having so much fun running at the moment it’s ludicrous! Thanks for the continued support! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈβ€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Yay!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

1 like

It’s all down to people like you Equi. You’ve all said how amazing Parkrun is, and I just had to give it a go - just a week earlier than planned that’s all! πŸ˜€ Can’t wait! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Well done, cheeky! Keep it up and make the daughter eat your dust!

1 like

Haha Jundal, nice idea, except my daughter is 26 and a whippet - me, none of the above! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

I hate whippets, at least my eleven year old hasn't got the legs on him to outdistance me yet! πŸ˜‚

1 like

Just you wait ......... πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Yeah, guess who's training him so he can?!? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Gimme a couple of months, he'll be leaving me behind on mud runs and calling me 'old man'!

1 like

You’re more than ready for parkrun... is it ready for the cheeky one and daughter? I’m not so sure πŸ˜‚. Go and enjoy it... it’s gonna be great.

1 like

Plus dog! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ•

Can’t wait! We’re texting each other saying how excited we both are! πŸ˜…

1 like

Triple cheeky! Great stuff!

1 like

Yes Cheeky!! Go you! Great news! You’ll be fantastic! 😁😁❀️

1 like

Thanks Fab! I’ve heard so many good things about it, so thought I’d better go and check it out for myself! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Ooooh yes!! Enjoy!! πŸ˜‰β€οΈ

1 like

Fantastic. Hope the 3 of you have a great time. We look forward to hearing all about it

X

1 like

Thanks! Might try and get a triple selfie! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ•πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Ace my sister does park runs sounds like fun

1 like

So many people on here do them and say how much fun they are, so I thought I should join in the fun! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

I find out when next one is and have a goπŸ˜‚

1 like

Go girl! I offer our best wishes. Stay happy and injury free :-)

1 like

Thanks so much! Can’t wait for Saturday! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Hi cheekychipmunks how did you and your daughter get on at the parkrun today? . πŸ˜€

1 like

You may also like...