Week 4 run 1 done: Hi there my lovely supportive... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
106,139 members β€’ 137,139 posts

Week 4 run 1 done

Languid_Lil
Languid_Lil
β€’12 Replies

Hi there my lovely supportive C25K friends! I'm sitting here at the kitchen table resting after completing Run 1 of Week 4!!! I ran for 5 minutes without stopping. TWICE!! The truth is I didn't even want to stop - I didn't hear that insidious voice in my head telling me I couldn't do this, I needed to stop, I was going to be sick... that awful negative litany I've been hearing for the last 50+ years whenever I tried to run. Instead I had my own voice telling me that it was going great; I can do this (and the lovely Sarah Millican chipping in now and then.)

OK so I'm pretty bushed now, but I did it πŸ˜‰

12 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Like the sound of that voice so much more than the old one.

Good job, enjoy your rest and smash the next one.

Hi languid_Lil sounds like you had a great run πŸƒβ€β™€οΈwell done on beating that insidious voice 😊 your doing fab 😊

BrianUK
BrianUKGraduate

Brilliant. You’re doing this for you and it feels good! Well done! πŸ‘

Equi-geek
Equi-geekGraduate

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ great feeling isn’t it?! Took me completely by surprise - even though I’d done some sponsored runs during my 50 years with no training they were one-offs and utterly horrid. Can’t believe I actually enjoy running now. Have fun with the rest of the programme now you’ve found the β€˜comfy’ pace πŸ€—πŸ‘‹

Gingernutter
GingernutterGraduate

Well done on listening to your new voice, an awesome achievement and inspiration to us newbies πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Tasha99
Tasha99Graduate

Fantastic! Well done! πŸ‘ŒπŸ½

Well done you!

Bandit14
Bandit14Graduate

Well done - keep going you are doing fab x

skysue16
skysue16Graduate

Fantastic! You are doing so well - keep up the good work 😊

Hidden
HiddenGraduate

Well done Languid! You are doing greatπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜€

The amazing power of the brain: you managed to 'outstare' the negative voice in you!!! Wow! Well done. I think that is an even bigger accomplishment the managing the run! You should be proud!

Mayanow
Mayanow
in reply to Mayanow

*theN

You may also like...