First Park Run: Well, one week after graduating... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
83,121 members β€’ 114,643 posts

First Park Run

Well, one week after graduating and my 3rd post graduation run was Lincoln Park Run. Who knew that so many people turn out at 9.00 on a Saturday morning to run 5k. Having all those people around instead of plodding round on my own must have been good for me. I haven’t got my official time yet but Strava said I did it in 34.46 which is my quickest and first time under 35 mins πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

15 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Well done 😊 parkrun does shift us a wee bit more πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ŠπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Well done Sandie! Great time πŸ‘ I did my first PR today too. 35.39 official time...Well pleased with that πŸ˜€

4 likes

Well done sandjie. Keep running bud. πŸ‘Œ

Well done, that’s brilliant!

Yay, well done to you!!!

Also did my first 5k today, and it was a blast! Everyone are so nice and running with others for the first time was a totally great experience. You really bounce off others :)

1 like

Well done to you too! Off to France for 6 weeks on Monday but am going to keep going and come back to PR in September. Think I’m getting to enjoy this running lark πŸ˜‚

Brilliant. Lovely time. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

1 like

Well done Sandie . Did my first park run today to!. It’s great fun !. Will definitely do it again .

Well done! Definitely going to do again too

1 like

Great work Sandie, it’s lovely to be out running in the morning, and so many people do it too. πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜€ Amazing! 😳

Once I graduate B210K I’ll sign up as a volunteer as a β€˜thank you’ to all those who have given their time for free to get me there 😊

Good luck with your next run. I hope you keep in enjoying it πŸ‘

Thanks. Officially 339th out of 415 (119th of 170 women) - happy with that πŸ˜ƒ

1 like

Yes it’s funny how you can go faster with others! Well done! Hope you go back for more!

1 like

Thank you! I wanted to get one in because we’re off to our place in France for 6 weeks on Monday, so going to consolidate, then see if I can up the pace when we get back in September

1 like

Oooh see if you’re near a ParkRun in France πŸ˜‚

hurray! glad you enjoyed it too :D

1 like

You may also like...