W2R1 - Found it really hard but time flew faster! - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

117,267 members โ€ข 148,564 posts

W2R1 - Found it really hard but time flew faster!

Hotheels
HotheelsGraduate
โ€ข8 Replies

I struggled with my first run of Week 2.....who was I kidding thinking that just because I got past Week1, Week2 wouldn't be as bad????!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜…

I invested in running shoes (Asics felt better than Brooks).....so the shin splits were not as bad, but I overpronate slightly on my left foot....and the pain I feel in my left arch was truly bad enough for me to "hobble along" instead of "jog along".......ouch big time!!!!

Any advice on managing this better?

Now that I have caught my breath, feel great that I kept at it and didn't give up!!!

#BringonW2R2!!!! (Gulp!!!)๐Ÿ˜…

8 Replies
โ€ข
Jay66UK
Jay66UKGraduate

Canโ€™t advise on the pain but good luck with run 2!

Hotheels
HotheelsGraduate in reply to Jay66UK

Thanks....god knows I need it!!!

Well done for keeping at it. Youโ€™ll find your fitness will build really fast and every now and again a run will feel easy, and that will keep you going ๐Ÿ™‚

Hotheels
HotheelsGraduate in reply to BaddieThePirate

I look forward to that day when I can confidently say "I'm a real runner and today's run was a breeze!!!!" ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

#UsainBoltinthemaking

Hidden
Hidden

Your doing good. Just take it easy and remain focused on getting ahead. ๐Ÿ‘

Hotheels
HotheelsGraduate

Yep.....im a project manager/analyst in my day job....so i cant help but plan ahead, be ready with back-up plans for when things go wrong and analyse data on progress........

But....in this case, I'm only focussing on getting through one run at a time.....takes all my discipline to not try and control my running C25K journey....!!!!

#onedayatatime

I too just completed w2 r1 ๐Ÿ˜€ definitely harder than week one ! And itโ€™s sooooo hot today too. Thinking I too might invest in some new trainers am wearing my sons old ones.. a treat I think

If I make it to week 3

Congrats ๐Ÿ˜€

Hotheels
HotheelsGraduate in reply to LupinB

Yes.....Running gear "kit" is a better treat than pizza and ice cream!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keep going....you're doing great!!

You may also like...