Couch to 5K
73,584 members β€’ 105,543 posts

W9R3 Graduation run complete!

Well I did it folks and got the very pink face to prove it! Very proud of myself although still some way from 5k...definitely need some consolidation runs to get nearer to that particular goal.

So I can run without stopping for half an hour it would seem. And I don't pass out. And I enjoy it. Amaaaaazing! Who would have thought all the years of trying and only a few what seem like short weeks on this programme and I can now call myself a runner? No inverted commas necessary!πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Now for the Oscars speech. Thank you for all the support and advice on here...I truly think that's what made the difference.πŸ€— It's been great being part of everyone's journey and having you be part of mine. Long may it continue.

I thank you πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸΎπŸ₯‚

114 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Woohooo!!! Congratulations Saartjie! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸŽ“πŸΎπŸ’«πŸ˜¬

1 like

Thank you! πŸ€—

Fantastic!!! Well done πŸ™ŒπŸΌ

1 like

Thank you! πŸ™πŸΌ

1 like

Great work Saartjie, congratulations! πŸ˜€πŸ‘

You’re right, I think this forum is brilliant and I wouldn’t have graduated either without all the support 😊

Enjoy the glory of graduation!! πŸ†πŸŽ“πŸΎπŸ₯‚

3 likes

Thanks David. Celebrating with a curry so I may not be running for a few days πŸ˜‚

1 like

Yay! Well done! Fantastic! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

1 like

Thank yoooouuuuu! πŸ€—πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Yay congratulations, well done, go celebrate πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Thanks Alan πŸ‘πŸ˜€

Well done!!! It’s a great feeling!! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ͺπŸ‘

1 like

Thanks! It really is 😎

Awesome! It’s been fab watching your progress. Enjoy this moment, it’s really special and you’ve earned it.

1 like

Ahh thanks Jay...right back at ya! Can't believe it's suddenly here to be honest!

1 like

See it as a door opening. Now it’s for you to take the decisions and guide it. Someone will be along with the link to the postgrad advice. Just keep running and keep posting!

1 like

I intend to dont worry 😊

1 like

Many congratulations.

Enjoy it all.

Very well done.

1 like

Thank you 😁

1 like

Absolutely fantastic ...Go you ..Well done saartjie..You so deserve your graduation ...Virtual party going on woohoo. 😊😊😊

1 like

Thanks - Am loving the virtual party! Pass the virtual fizz please 🍾πŸ₯‚πŸ‘

1 like

One bottle or two 😊😊

Maybe just one...it is a school night after all πŸΎπŸ˜†

1 like

One it is enjoy ....So pleased for you 😊

1 like

Fantastic!!! Well done! πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸ’ͺπŸ₯‡

And your face looks fab, a lovely soft pink glow. I wish mine looked more like that instead of the bright red Belisha beacon dripping with sweat πŸ€ͺ

Go and celebrate πŸŽ‰ 🍾

1 like

I think it might be the beauty filter on my camera πŸ˜‚ Thanks Sandie πŸ€—

1 like

Oh I NEED that filter! πŸ˜‚

1 like

Fantastic! So happy for you!!

Love the photo.

I did mine earlier today too - we are officially runners now!! Amazing.

πŸ˜€πŸƒπŸ˜€πŸƒπŸ˜€πŸƒπŸ˜€

3 likes

Yay! Well done you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸ…πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Well done goforitmama ..Welcome to the party 😊😊

1 like

πŸ°πŸΎπŸΉπŸ˜€πŸ˜€ party on!

1 like

Well done. I’m only on week 1 so I need all the inspiration I can get! And you look glowing and healthy.

2 likes

Glowing is the word! πŸ€’πŸ˜… Stick with the programme and trust it. Even when you think you can't do it just slow down and you really can. πŸ˜€

Congratulations!πŸ…

1 like

Thank you 😊

Fantastic - well done πŸŽ‰πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ†πŸŒŸ. Was looking out for your post so delighted to see you’ve graduated. Hoping to join you on Sat. Lovely photo πŸ˜‰

2 likes

Thought I would share my post run 'glow'! Thanks Queen...Will be looking out for you on Saturday 😊

You can do this Queenie! See you on Saturday post-grad for drinks 🍾πŸ₯‚

1 like

Thanks so much, Sutsha - looking forward to graduating but will miss the structure of the programme☺

1 like

You think that, but having spent must of W9 with no MJ, who kept crashing out at 10 mins it wasn't really a problem. You're already trained to do a 5 minute warm-up, run 30 and then 5 minute cool- down. I stated Zombies, Run last run just because I couldn't run it when using the C25K app - running 2 apps together usually results in complete failure. It's really good and a nice distraction. If you're not into Zombies then an audio book would work as motivation to get out there and get the next part of the story just the same.

2 likes

Yay! Congratulations

1 like

Thank you 😊

Wonderful! Well done. Congratulations! πŸ…πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ

Enjoy your acheivement. πŸ‘πŸ˜

1 like

Thank you! 😊

1 like

Oh, Saartjie how amazing is that! Well done girl x Another graduate on our midst. Massive congrats! πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’¨πŸ…πŸΎπŸ₯‚

1 like

Thank you!So pleased to be doing you on that podium! πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—

1 like

Omg...just re-read that! Should say 'joining you' πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚

You know, I didn't even notice. Knew what you were trying to say πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Do you think autocorrect is worse on here? I find I'm always editing!

1 like

So good to have you! Phew! Consolidating next... are you ready for this!!!! πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ Of course you are! Bring it on πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨

1 like

I am. Have my 5k goal to get now!

1 like

Just run as long as it takes. Where are you now distance-wise?

1 like

4k. It's just over 5k incl. warm-up and cool down walks. So I know I can do 5k in 40 mins, but would like to be able to run it all.

You'd do 5K in 37.5 at that pace. 😊

1 like

Which I actually think is quite respectable bearing in mind I couldn't run for 2 minutes 9 weeks ago!

VERY respectable! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨

1 like

Woo hoo! Congratulations I’m having a glass of wine to celebrate all the people who started with me and are now graduating - (I’m 2 weeks behind now) you still all continue to inspire me. 🍷 πŸ₯‡πŸ†πŸŽ½πŸ‘ŸπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

1 like

Thank you...had my curry and may join you in a glass now πŸ₯‚ You can carry the torch to the finish now πŸ˜πŸ†

2 likes

No pressure then! πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚

1 like

No pressure! You can do it πŸ‘

1 like

Yeah, that's why I'm having wine too! πŸ₯‚πŸ˜

2 likes

πŸ˜‚πŸ· cheers!

2 likes

Cheers! πŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚

2 likes

P.S. Hic!

2 likes

Congratulations and well done! πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸΎπŸ₯‚

1 like

Thank you! 😊

Congratulations !

1 like

Thank you!

Amazing! I’ve just completed my 20 minute run at the end of week 5 and feel like Paula Radcliffe πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜€ so can’t imagine how pleased you must be 😊Well done x

1 like

That run was the turning point in believing I could do it. And here I am. Well done for completing that run...in a week they will tell you you are officially a runner!

2 likes

Well done !!!

1 like

Thanks πŸ‘

Well done!

1 like

Thanks πŸ‘

Congratulations πŸŽ‰

1 like

Thank you 😊

Yeehah, well done Saartjie 🌟🍾πŸ₯‚

1 like

Thank you 😊

Brilliant!! Well done you!! Now, where's that cake? :-)

1 like

Well we've got the drinks so the cake is on you!

Well done! Congratulations! And so with this special NHS C25k programme you made it! πŸŽ“πŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ And all the very best for your onward running journey.

1 like

Thank you 😊

Great running and many congratulations on graduating from C25K 😊 😊

The power of positive thinking in motion!

Hope you are celebrating your achievement! Proud of you x x

1 like

Ah thank you 😊

Huge congratulations! Well done you! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ₯‡

1 like

Thank you!

Ooh...you've got your badge!! πŸ‘

1 like

I'm actually so excited it's ridiculous! By daughter is laughing at me right now πŸ˜‚

1 like

Oh brilliant Saartjie, big congratulations!! Great achievement. :) :)

1 like

Thank you 😁

Hooray! Well done! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ₯‚πŸŽ‰

1 like

Thank you 😊

Fantastic achievement!! Well done you πŸ™Œ Be proud 😬πŸ’ͺβ­οΈπŸ’«

1 like

Thank you 😊

Yaaaay! Congratulations, Saartje - so brilliant to hear you’ve done it! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‚

1 like

Ahh thank you 😊

It’s a wonderful achievement. Well done x

1 like

Thank you 😊

Hooray!

Congratulations!

Graduation!

How are you celebrating?

1 like

Thanks Rob. Had a curry and a glass of wine and a virtual party. And tomorrow I'm going to treat myself to some earphones that won't fall out constantly!

Now that's a good idea. I could do with some too.

1 like

I asked for recommendations on here yesterday so you could perhaps look at that post for ideas...

I just noticed your "about me" details on your profile. Does that need updating...?

1 like

Duly noted and completed!

Well Done saartjie, graduation day πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸ‘πŸ…πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ and you’ve joined the 4k club πŸ‘

1 like

Thank you! Feels like forever and yesterday all at the same time 😊

1 like

So very, very well done! πŸ˜ƒ

1 like

Thank you 😊

Congratulations Saartjie!! You’ve done it! Yaaay! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸŽ“πŸ†β€οΈ

1 like

Thank you! So happy to have completed this thing! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Congratulations!!

1 like

Thank you! X

Well Done

Bet you are feeling amazing!

I love this programme it’s worked miracles. I can’t believe

I’m getting up early tomorrow to do my graduation run.

1 like

I am thank you! It really is an amazing programme, and forum. I never trusted it enough before but know better now! Good luck tomorrow 😊

1 like

Brilliant news! Very well done . Enjoy the feeling- you deserve it all! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ₯‡πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸΎ

1 like

Ahh thank you Mumsy 😊

You may also like...