W1R1 I did it! Well almost ๐Ÿ™‚: I'm mid 40's... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
82,890 members โ€ข 114,378 posts

W1R1 I did it! Well almost ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm mid 40's, overweight by a few stones and very unfit. A month ago I started watching what I eat and going to the gym followed by a swim 3x a week. My fitness has been improving, especially my recovery time. I've been thinking I'd like to start c25k when I'd lost a lot more weight but while browsing the posts here this morning I thought why wait! On with the gym clothes, off to the park and got underway.

My goal was to complete 3 of the runs and build up from there, but I completed 6! Also not so much runs but very slow jogs. With much sweating and heavy breathing. The last two runs would have been uphill and I was already past it, my brisk walk had reduced to a heavy plod, heavy legs and general weariness. However its a start and better than I expected ๐Ÿ˜€

Anyone else just starting out?

8 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Well done! I did my first run on Thursday but could only complete 5 runs. Turns out I was running too fast! Retried run 1 again today, jogging at a much slower pace and I actually managed to complete it! I also mapped out a better route too! Made a huge difference!

Well done and keep it up!!

1 like

Very slow jogs is absolutely fine. Good work

1 like

Iโ€™m currently mid-way through W2, itโ€™s getting easier.

Slow jogs are fine, the fact that youโ€™re completing it is what counts!

The only thing slowing me down at the moment is that my knees hurt.

1 like

Welcome to the forum and well done on getting started.

The guide to the plan is essential reading healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Enjoy your journey.

1 like

You are brilliant. I am 57 and 3 stone over weight the first week was tough but stick with it I am week 4 now and shocked I can now do5 mins. Out of breath and sore but worth it. Good for you๐Ÿ˜‹

1 like

Fantastic run. You were hot, sweaty and tired but you kept moving! Great attitude and determination ๐Ÿ˜Š

Don't worry about being slow, just keep going and posting! Well done on taking the first steps on this life changing program x

1 like

Well done!

1 like

Thank you for all your supportive comments! I've felt great for the rest of the day and looking forward to the next one.

You may also like...