I did it!!!: Week 9 Run 3 ✅ I feel so very proud... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
105,339 members136,070 posts

I did it!!!

MadLizzie
MadLizzieGraduate

Week 9 Run 3 ✅

I feel so very proud of myself. I’m 54, overweight and have never played sport or been to a gym. Last year my daughter did this and went on to do the Great North Run this year. She inspired me and I knew I needed to do something for my health so I gave it a go. I doubted myself from the start, especially when I found the first 60 second runs so hard. I worried about every increase in time but pushed on and somehow I did it. I cried in disbelief (and relief) after finishing some runs. Yes, I am very slow. No, I haven’t got anywhere near 5k. I can work on that. I feel that I can finally say - I am a runner!

9 Replies
oldestnewest
IannodaTruffe
IannodaTruffeAdministrator

Many congratulations on your graduation fellow runner.

This guide to post C25K running may be helpful healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Keep running, keep smiling.

Irish-John
Irish-JohnGraduate

Congratulations Graduate! ☺☺☺☺☺

emma_lynne
emma_lynneGraduate

Congrats what a brilliant job!

helenwheels
helenwheelsGraduate

Brilliant well done! There's a great world of running out there just waiting for you :)

ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate

Excellent work ! 🥇⭐️⭐️⭐️

Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate

Congratulations on completing c25k 😁

AlMorr
AlMorrGraduate

Congratulations MadLizzie, what a wonderful Achievement to have graduated 🎓 from C25K especially at this time of the year, Merry Christmas. To get your graduation badge and the word GRADUATE 🎓 next to your username leave a message on the December 🎄 🎅 graduate post in the pinned posts on the right side of the healthunlocked C25K home page and tell the administrators that you have ran W9R3 of C25K 🎓 🏃 😊

Wow! What an amazing achievement! You have done incredibly well, especially completing at this time of year!

So well done to you Lizzie, it’s not easy I know but you’ve cracked it.!

You may also like...