Couch to 5K
62,668 members โ€ข 95,453 posts

Hello! W5R3 - I did it!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hello! This is my first post, but Iโ€™ve been lurking in the background since January, soaking up all the lovely, supportive, inspiring information that you all share.

This morning I ran for 20 minutes without stopping! It wasnโ€™t fast, and it wasnโ€™t pretty, and it was on a treadmill in the gym, not outside, but it was 20 minutes without stopping!!!! I canโ€™t actually believe that Iโ€™m saying it out loud, lol. Iโ€™ve never been a runner in the past, and struggled so much with those early runs, but with my 50th birthday looming on the horizon, Iโ€™m determined to get to that 30 minute run. ๐Ÿ˜Š

So, I just wanted to say thank you for all the advice and lovely supportive comments (that werenโ€™t actually for me, but I have found so encouraging) that have inspired me this far, even though you didnโ€™t know that I was here. Sounds a bit stalker-ish, lol, but I hope you know what I mean. ๐Ÿ˜‚

31 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Congratulations Gregod ๐Ÿ˜Š I use encouragement meant for others too. It's ecomotionally friendly! Enjoy W6R1.

5 likes

Thank you, msanni - glad itโ€™s not just me! ๐Ÿ˜Š

2 likes

Absolutely brilliant well done- I have done more than half my runs on treadmill and wouldn't have got this far (week 8) without treadmill! Running is running ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

1 like

Thanks, lovethemozman - not sure whether I will progress to outside running, or not, but Iโ€™m not sure it actually matters ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

2 likes

Well done thatโ€™s brilliant! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 like

Thank you, bridget007! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Great run Gregod! Amazing stuff๐Ÿ˜Š

Well done and welcome to the forum...

Its this run that gives you the belief that you will be able to run for 30 mins!

Good luck with wk6...you are doing this!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Šx

1 like

I really think that I am and I can! ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you, bluebirdrunner.

1 like

Wonderful! Please share your future triumphs with us, and no more of this qualifying saying it was slow or it was on the treadmill, it was a RUN! A 20 minute RUN!

4 likes

It was! Am ridiculously proud of myself. ๐Ÿ˜Š Than you!

3 likes

Yes I do know what you mean and well done on the 20 min run, a milestone on the c25k prog ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™‚๏ธ

1 like

Thanks very much, ebcroquet ๐Ÿ˜Š

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ yay well done! That run was a real milestone for me too! Never ran before and it was my looming 50th that was my catalyst as well. I just did W7R2 this morning. I cannot believe I can run for 25 mins nonstop! Not fast, and not pretty but I can do it!!! Good luck with your journey ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

2 likes

Thank you, alikayV. Well done, to you, too! Looking forward to seeing news of your graduation, and hopefully Iโ€™ll only be a couple of weeks behind! ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Well done on the infamous W5R3!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

And welcome to the forum. Onwards and upwards!๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

Liz x

1 like

Thanks, Liz! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well done! I love hearing about everyone's stories here. Keep up the good work!! ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

1 like

Thank you, Tartiflette. I agree, lovely to hear how everyone is doing. ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Well done! I think we all take and use the encouragement meant for others, I know I do! :)

1 like

Thanks, SuperMouse - glad itโ€™s not just me! ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Very well done you... stalk no longer... and welcome to the family:)

2 likes

Thank you, Oldfloss - lovely to be here ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well done, thatโ€™s a great achievement and you must be so pleased. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Good luck with your running and see you at the finish line!

1 like

Thanks, Lindylou61 - see you there! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Congratulations. It really is a fantastic feeling to complete that run isn't it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Thanks, Mand102. Iโ€™d been dreading it, and it was hard work, but so pleased that Iโ€™ve done it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Congratulations. I just joined the 20 minute club today too with my W5R3 run. Itโ€™s amazing how elated it makes you feel isnโ€™t it?

1 like

Thank you! Congratulations to you, too! Brilliant, isnโ€™t it? ๐Ÿ˜Š

The programme isnโ€™t called Fast and Pretty to 5k, so youโ€™ve done exactly what is necessary.

Itโ€™s a great run to have under your belt and itโ€™s lovely that youโ€™ve been inspired to get this far with the plan.

Good luck for the rest of your running and you will be FPto5K at the end of it - thatโ€™s Fit and Proud

1 like

Aww, thatโ€™s lovely, thank you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 like

Lurking is a great strategy and all the best people have done it ... aka me too! And huge congrats on your Wk5:3. I am one run away from it and triumphant posts are really helping me psyche up! Good luck with Wk6 and the rest ๐Ÿ˜„

You may also like...