W7R3 done, W8 ahoy: Low drama run. Off slowly... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
86,164 members117,941 posts

W7R3 done, W8 ahoy

Low drama run. Off slowly today - my 4th 25 min run in 7 days, and my legs know all about it.

No breath problems early on, got into a stride and just ran it (Janet). Didn’t run quite as far today but didn’t struggle quite as much either. Last 10 mins or so were just hard work, but I kept going.

Early morning bathroom visit showed I’m not well hydrated and my heavy legs are probably down to that as much as anything. Must drink more.

Very real sense of achievement completing week 7. I am quietly confident I can do another 3 minutes on top - it’s not going to be painless/easy but I know it can be done. My aim is to start this on Sunday.

Whatever point you are at in the programme, have faith in the pacing being set. I remain an overweight 51 year old who hasn’t exercised at all in 20+ years and yet I am managing these long runs.

Enjoy your next run x

22 Replies
oldestnewest

Brilliant!!! We can do this - bring on that extra 3 mins. 😬💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

2 likes

I like to think of it as just two lots of 90 seconds either side of the bell...

1 like

That’s exactly my thinking too!👊🏼

1 like

👊

Oh and my legs are feeling it too!

1 like

Well done you! You’ve come so far. Good luck with week 8...6 more to go! So nearly there!! 👍👍👍

1 like

That sounds so good!

Well done! You’ve got this in the bag!

1 like

Not counting my chickens, but I do feel increasingly confident that I will reach the end of the programme.

W1R1 I wasn’t confident I would reach the front door going out!

1 like

Brilliant! Well Done :-)

1 like

Thank you!

1 like

And after those three mins, what's another two on top of that 😉 Sounds like you've got this in the bag 😁

1 like

Trying my very best!

Go get week 8! You are on fire

Get that water intake up mr it really will make a difference

1 like

Yes boss. I am trying boss. Honest boss.

Well done ..You've got this 😊

1 like

Great to read Jay. Well done !! We are going to make it to the podium. I am cautiously optimistic that an additional 5 mins over 2 weeks is doable. I'll be running with you in spirit on Sunday morning. Good luck. :)

1 like

Thanks!

Well done Jay, I look forward to reading your posts, Good luck for Week 8🏃🏃🏃

1 like

Thanks!

An amazing achievement, as always I look forward to you paving my way on the runs ahead. well done

1 like

Aww shucks. Thanks. Good luck with yours.

You may also like...