Couch to 5K
57,119 members89,646 posts

Fan bloody tastic🏃‍♀️ week 9 completed

I have done it.!!!!

It nearly killed me as it is raining heavily. The wind was straight in my face for the final 10 minutes, my legs were sore to begin with ( can wearing 4 inch heels at a wedding on Saturday be the cause?)

But regardless of that, I never thought I would have been able to do this, I drove through my running route on Sunday and found myself saying, " I was still running, and still running...".It seemed a long way. A side effect seems to be talking to myself, maybe because of the muttered responses that I make to Laura .

Now I just have to keep it up. Thank you for all the comments and advice that I have read on here, it's been inspiring.

Good luck to all today's runners 🏃‍♀️🤩

38 Replies
oldestnewest

Yeayyyyy! Well done graduate 🎓

Time to claim your shiny badge

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

1 like

Thank you. I sitting here on my tod, grinning. I'll grab that badge!!!!

1 like

Wow congratulation! That is awesome, I know driving over the distance we can cover (i'm only W8) seems amazing! What's next!?

1 like

Keep at it and avoid injuries for now, but I am going to enjoy this achievement 😁

1 like

Congrats! What a brilliant achievement. Hold on to the great feeling and enjoy the future running 😊

Thanks, it feels great

Congratulations - wear that badge with pride!🙂

Thanks, it will be odd seeing a graduate stamp at the side of me!

2 likes

💥💥🏃‍♀️🎉🎉 amazing well done

1 like

Many congratulations fellow runner.

The guide to post C25K running may be helpful healthunlocked.com/couchto5...…….what-next

Four inch heels are not good for your Achilles............. I never wear them.

Keep running, keep smiling.

2 likes

Thank you. 😁

It does feel amazing thank you.

More amazing than you can imagine, if you had seen me on week 1🤣🤣🤣

Well done!!

1 like

Thank you 🤩

Well done! :)

Its great, thanks. I'm excited 🤗

1 like

Fantastic! Well done! 👍

Thank you 🙂

Just brilliant, enjoy your success!

🏃‍♀️🤗 thanks

Well done, what next 10k?

That is not on my radar!!!!!🛌💤🙂

3 times a week for a while.

1 like

Congratulations Jell🎉🎉🎉🎉

Whoop whoop to you on that podium👏👏👏

Enjoy your celebrations and Happy running wearing your shiny new badge!😊x

Yay! Well done! 🎉🎉🎉

P.S. I talk to myself too - good to know it’s not just me 🤣

Maybe we all do😂

1 like

Congratulations and well done! I mutter at Laura too - especially when she tells me that I might be feeling a bit tired now! But I found myself singing along to "you and Julie' on the warm up walk for my graduation run this morning - no hope left for me!

Thanks, and congratulations to you too!😁.

I was thinking of trying Sarah Millican next run, just to give Laura an abuse break.

Brilliant! Well done congratulations 🏅🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Could be the heels for sure! Don't worry about talking to yourself, I believe if you can't talk to yourself how can anyone else be expected to!?🤣🤣

🤣🤣So true, I hadn't looked at it that way.

Huge cogratulations... very well done you... and the journey goes on :) With us to keep you company :)

1 like

That's great, I love the company and all the advice and support. 🤗

1 like

Brilliant achievement - well done! I think many of the recent and current graduates have done it in the most appalling weather, so well done you for graduating in the rain! You should feel very proud of yourself - love the shiny badge! 😀👍👏👏👏🎓

1 like

Thank you, If I had let the weather dictate it , I'd probably still be on week 2, I'm not a gym member, so it was go out or nowt 🙁

1 like

I'm right with you there - the gym is the devil's business in my opinion, so I have had to cope with the weather and ended up running in rain (frequently), which I quite enjoy (?), and also snow, which was fun. Running outside is great. Good luck with your running journey post C25K. x 👍💪

1 like

I also risked the snow. I did wonder this morning how I will cope in the warm weather (If we have any) I'm hot as hell when I get in after running (?!) in 2 degrees 😅😅😅

1 like

Oh gosh - are you my twin? I love running in the cold, and warm up really quickly. Can't imagine running when it's hot or even slightly warm. Think I will be running in the middle of the night!! 😂😂😂

1 like

😂😂😂 that could be the answer.

I'll start checking out headlamps on Amazon!!

1 like

You may also like...