Need some clarification please!: I have started... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
83,085 members114,588 posts

Need some clarification please!

I have started c25K and I am lovn it! In 2nd week podcast, coach gives me a tip to strike ground with heel first to avoid injuries! Its really strange, as I had known for long that its safe to land on your mid foot to save yourself from injuries! What should I be doing!

14 Replies
oldestnewest

get a new coach!!!! Who is this coach anyway??

1 like

😀 Yes, I need a new coach!

You are right. It is bum advice on the app :) Ignore it and dont worry about the breathing advice either. Otherwise brilliant programme :)

4 likes

Yes, breathing advice is odd as well, but no doubt app is fine otherwise! Dont have to worry about counting minutes and music is good too! Thanks 😊

Don’t overthink how to run as this can potentially lead to injury. At this stage just run.

1 like

Thank You, You are right at the moment its just what I need, it has helped me remove my fear of running and I know I can do it! Its awesome!

Just run... your way.... and breathe...your way..... that is all it takes:)

3 likes

Thanks! Will do It! ☺️

think you've hit the nail on the head - we love the programme but those are the only two things that people have an issue with!

1 like

Hope someday they fix it! 😊

we...ell.

there may be a coule more slightly contentious pieces of advice, but Imma sit on my hands for now.

<starts "What did the Romans ever do for us" type thread>

... (dammit I must have forgotten what else there is...)

Anyway, just run! At a slow, comfortable, sustainable pace :D

We all love the programme, that is for certain

Lol, Its great programme! I just think myself with less knowledge of run! So asked..

You may also like...