Couch to 5K
55,164 members87,657 posts

Just beginning

Hi all

I've just joined this and did my first run Wednesday. I'm about to do my second one today. I have to say I can't imagine running without stopping in 5 to 6 weeks but I'm happy to believe that this works. 60 seconds is longer than I thought lol! But it'll get easier I'm sure. I will stick with this. Even though I'm unfit and have a 5 year old and a 4 month old baby! 🤣 Determined to do it! X

15 Replies
oldestnewest

It definitely works! Great start and great determination :)

1 like

Pretty much everyone here started out running 1 minute intervals, thinking it unimaginable to even run 5 minutes a few weeks later. The program definitely works, and this forum is awesome for ideas, inspiration and support. Congrats on starting!

1 like

Welcome claire, I’m fairly new too but this forum is fab and friendly so keep coming back😁

Keep running nice and slow and trust the program is what I was told and so far so good 👍

Liz x

1 like

That's what I keep thinking, just trust it will work! X

Hi and well done! The hardest part is getting started and you've achieved that. I started 7 weeks ago from doing absolutely no exercise other than chasing my two children (4 and 7) around and today I managed to run for 25 mins without stopping. Amazing! The programme really, really does work. Top tip is to not feel bad if you miss a session you had planned, just plan it in for the next time you have some space to do it. Although the programme is split into weeks, I sometimes took a week and a half to do the 3 runs until I got into a routine around the children. It takes everyone a few weeks to adjust to the idea of a running mum :0) Sarah

1 like

Oh wow! I look forward to that day. 😊 Yeah that's a good tip, especially with two children. My 5 year old came with me for my first run/jog lol but it was definitely easier today without her! X

It does work! I just graduated and now find running 30 minutes non-stop easier than the earlier 5 minute runs!!

Haha well done you. 5 minutes seems crazy at the moment lol but I am enjoying it.... easier with music!

1 like

You will enjoy the programme. And yes, you can do this 😊

1 like

Welcome.

It has worked for countless thousands, so I am sure you will be no different.

This guide may help healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Enjoy your journey.

2 likes

Thank you. This is great 😊

Welcome Claire, I can’t really anymore than has already been said.

We all started out the same as you and you WILL complete the programme 😊

Most important is to keep it slow and steady...if you find yourself breathless, slow down and get yourself into a nice even breathing rhythm.

You won’t regret you started, happy running 😊 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

2 likes

Thank you

1 like

Hi Claire and welcome!

The first bit is always the hardest. Keep sticking at it and it can only get better from here - give it beans! And if u need support...u know where to come! 😀

1 like

Welcome Claire. You’ve lucked into a great, super-supportive community here. You’ll find that, just as your name says, yes “Claire can do this”. Best of luck!

1 like

You may also like...