Couch to 5K
52,925 members84,977 posts

Week 5, run 3 - in the bag

What a big day today. I completed week 5, run 3, a full 20 minutes and I'm sharing this because up until 5 weeks ago I have never been a runner and I'm now 51. I felt quite daunted but excited at the same time and determined to succeed. I hope this helps others who may feel the same approaching this first, long run 😀

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done.

A major milestone.

Just go nice and slow for W6R1, it is a tricksy little run.

Keep running, keep smiling.

2 likes

Thank you, I'm delighted with myself as the very first 1 minute run nearly killed me lol. I've seen people mention W6R1, is it a bit of a curved ball?

2 likes

It will be your longest workout to date, but for some reason, because there is a walking interval, people seem to think it will be easy.

Slow and steady.

1 like

Week 5 is a real achievement- it looks so daunting but it sounds like you smashed. Take your rest day/s and ease on into week 6. 🤓

1 like

Thank you 😊 I do need the rest days for sure but I am looking forward to the next run

2 likes

Well done. That’s the boogy man vanquished. None of the others will ever seem as scary x

2 likes

Thank you. It was a daunting one to build up to wasn't it but I feel more confident now x

2 likes

After that, 25 minutes wont seem hard. Just be prepared for the first run in week 6, which sounds easy but needs tackling with respect. Nothing you cant handle though x

2 likes

Very, very well done.. Slow and steady and you will be ready for each and every run!!

1 like

51! You're just a young whippersnapper.

1 like

Well done you 👍. I have just completed the same run today & never thought when I started this that I would be able to progress. I am 53 & never ever been a runner before. It just shows that if you put your mind to something anything is possible. Let's keep on going 👍😊.

You may also like...