Couch to 5K
79,108 members110,403 posts

Cold turkey - 2nd post grad run

How brave am I? Went out without ear phones, no music , no comedy , no sarah, just me and the cold wind. My head has never saved my legs , a short walk has always turned into a hike due to my useless sense of direction. Even today I thought I’d just reverse the last run and still lost my way ending up in the grounds of the local old folks home — wonder if I have a homing beacon!!

I do seriously worry about myself sometimes. Looking for park runs in my area I decided that 2 of them were too long for a beginner like me one of them being 11 miles. Yes you are ahead of me... it was only today I realised that’s how far they are away from me and that they are all 5k

If I stop posting on here please send out flares and have you seen this woman posters to all homes for the bewildered

Run Jayne run

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Ha ha. 😁

There's got to be an app for that...or leave a trail of breadcrumbs?

Perhaps I should just keep turning left at least I would go in a circle. 🤔

Maybe forget volunteering as a parkrun marshall just yet..... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

😀 oh yes indeed. Graduating just means I can run for 30 mins it doesn’t mean I know where I’m going!

1 like

You need a tracking device in your phone so people can find you when you go AWOL 8-)

Perhaps the vet could give me a chip, I could always wear a collar and tag. My sons wouldn’t be at all surprised to hear I’d been found miles from home 🙂

1 like

Wonderful! Every time you go out must be like having a new adventure.

1 like

Oh it is, I’m even worse with a map,. However tea rooms seem remarkably easy to find 🙂

Look on the bright side, if you keep getting lost, your runs will get longer and longer, and you will soon be running marathons 😆

That’s the only way I’d ever achieve one - completely by accident!

Drive a stake into the ground, tie a long rope round your waist and the other end to the stake.

You won't go far wrong, but may get dizzy.

Keep running, keep smiling.

1 like

You may also like...