Week 5 run 3 done

Ventured out this morning determined to complete week 5 and not panic about the 20 min run time. I was a little nervous but focusing on the mantra of "trust the program", I did it! Had a quick listen to the start of week 6 run 1 and it seems like it will be a little easier than today's run, with walking breaks in between shorter runs, so that is something to look forward to! I will enjoy that week until the longer runs kick in again - and keep on "trusting the program" :)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great work on W5 R3😊...Well done and yes trust the program!

I remember thinking the same about Week 6, tackle it in your usual way, start nice and steady and stay slow. Its a good week and is building you up for the longer runs..

Go you..onwards and upwards 😊x

• Thank you Jan :) I will take that advice. May need to buy some runnign gloves as fingers started to freeze up this morning.

• Yes, good idea. You deserve a treat for completing Wk5!😊xx

• Well done, a major milestone, but W6R1 is not necessarily easier. It will actually be the longest workout you have done to date.

Nice and slow does it.

• Ah yes, I thought as much as soon as I started reading some of the posts of week 6 run 1. I will take it nice and slow and look forward to that feeling at the end of the run...I think I am well and truly hooked. I read your recent post - I wish you all the best with your treatment. Keep positive, the rest you can leave in the hands of the professionals...they will look after you :)

• Thank you, they have done a brilliant job so far.

• Well done. But don't be fooled by the next run. I got overconfident after the success of the 20 minutes, started too fast and nearly didn't make it. Focus on starting slow and you will be fine.

• Haha, yes, I am now convinced the next run is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I will remember to take it slow. This forum helps so much..thank you.

• Nicely done...you’re getting there

• thank you

• Great stuff... trust it... and have belief in yourself too!

Just move on to Week 6, knowing, that you will do it :)

• I will, thank you. Looking to run the first on Wednesday.

• Exactly right! Go you- one step at a time 😀

• Thank you!

You may also like...