Couch to 5K
62,100 members94,825 posts

Week 8 Run 2 done, what a difference!!!

Week 8  Run 2 done, what a difference!!!

So 2 days after failing at the 20 minute mark on this one I set out again absolutely determined to crack it.

My asthma felt good and I had a new place to run, laps of a local park so plenty of squirrels and dogs for company. First 10 minutes felt pretty good then a tough stretch although I never thought I would need to quit and just after the 20 minute mark I found my second wind. Felt really good and carried on to 5.1k and 35 minutes, splits all around the 6.50 mark so kept the pace steady throughout. Knackered but happy, 4 to go!!!, have a great running weekend everyone. 😁

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done.

1 like

Well done Chris, I’m taking on the 5k on Sun W8R3..... should’ve been tomorrow but babysitting grandchildren again 🙄😊

Need to do the 5k sooner than later as I’ve got the 5k Charity Run on the 3rd.

Happy running friend 🤓🏃🏃

1 like

Good luck with it, you will do great.

1 like

Grandchildren are so great for core strength and stamina!

1 like

Oh yes, and I have eleven of ‘em 😳🤓

1 like

Well done and that's a tidy pace you've got there

Thank you, it's more by accident, I just can't get any rhythm if I go slower.

Great to see you cracking your penultimate run of W8. You are so close to graduation week!!!

1 like

I should say as well that you do well to run those loops ... I don't think I've got the mental wherewithall to cope with going round in a circle!!

Haha, I was a bit dizzy at the end, I think it was 6 laps, it's not my usual spot, I just happened to be in the neighbourhood, will be back to running in a straight line on Sunday all being well.

1 like

No 'f' words on here please... Well done you... and just slow down a tad...? Better to be comfy not crocked...:)

1 like

That's awesome! Well done! I did something similar tonight on Run3 of Wk8. I'm officially able to run 5k! Keep up the good work! 😁🏃

1 like

You are a runner

1 like

Yay! We are BOTH runners 🏃😀

1 like

Nicely done, the pace is really smooth....

1 like

Wow wow !!! Great run & time! Well done 👍

1 like

You may also like...