Couch to 5K
60,283 members92,939 posts

Week 4 day 1 what a fantastic run

Good morning,

Up at 4.45 to hitch a lift with my son who dropped me off on his way to work. It was frosty this morning which meant gloves and a hoodie as well as the high viz. It was so cold that I kept them on all through the run whereas normally I run in a sleeveless vest. BUT...but, what a fantastic backdrop to my run. The countryside spread out in front of my lit by a crescent moon and billions of stars. I was so busy looking for the constellations that I didn't notice the cold as I started my walk...then, childish excitement, just as I was about to start the first run of the morning what should light the sky and the road ahead? A shooting star!! Yes, I'm a geologist and I know that they are meteorites, I have a picture of a thin section of one adorning my walls, but there is still the child inside me which finds them wondrous and magical. I finished the morning session not tired, not footsore, not weary, but exhilarated and uplifted. What a run x

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Wonderful start to the day can it get any better 👍🏃‍♀️🌙✨

1 like

Yes, bacon and eggs after a cup of tea and a shower ;)

Well done, it’s great when a run goes well 👍🏻

1 like

Thank you, yes, it's an amazing feeling :)

What a great start to a Monday morning 😊run complete for the day too👍well done.

1 like

Thank you, yes, it is brilliant when it all goes well. On the bad days good runs like this reminds me that it is only one bad run :)

1 like

Simply wonderful.. what a truly magnificent start to your day and your week... I just managed to spot the Venus and Jupiter conjunction !

Have a great day and very well done...onward and upward :)

1 like

Thank you, Oldfloss. I missed that unfortunately but we have both witnessed something amazing so I mustn't be greedy. Fingers crossed that the rest of the week goes as well :)

Well done Lesley, great start to the week....you’re doing great, keep it up ☺️

1 like

Thanks, TedG. It is the perfect way to start a week, you too :)

1 like

Oh wow, what a fantastic and uplifting run report! You're doing great. Week 4 is a good week :-)

1 like

Thank you, I shall take heart from your comments as a graduate....one day , one day ;)

1 like

Well done, lovely write-up. I’ll be doing W4R2 in about an hour and can’t believe I’m almost looking forward to it. P.s I missed a run in W3 accidentally but seem to be ok so far!

1 like

Thank you, Feebe. It looks like you are doing really well even with skipping a day :)

I hope the run today was as good for you as it was for me. :)

1 like

That warmed my heart. My son and I were out last night and he was so excited to see a shooting star. He made a wish and wanted to tell me all about it....but then it wouldn't come true 😉

1 like

My son guessed what mine was :)

1 like

You may also like...