Couch to 5K
54,983 members87,513 posts

W5R3 I did it! 😀

W5R3 I did it! 😀

I set off on a chilly foggy morning, I decided to keep to shorts and long sleeve base layer....soon warmed up. After the first 10mins I did notice the breathing was a lot easier as I loped along at a comfortable pace.

The last half mile got tougher but I gritted my teeth and got my head down.

After that, I feel a real sense of achievement, I can’t believe I just ran 2mls 5 weeks after I literally ‘couldn’t run for a bus’ and it’s thanks to you guys. 2 days rest now

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Nicely done especially when the days are getting just that little bit colder..

Thank you Jan, tbh I prefer the cooler conditions 😊 x

1 like

Congratulations, Ted. That's amazing and you should be justly proud of the progress you've made in just 5 short weeks. Good for you for doing it in the early morning cold and fog too; I'm not a 'morning person' - I usually run at lunchtime. I'm starting wk5 next, and I hope that I can do as well as you've done this week. Relax and enjoy your 2 well-earned rest days

1 like

Thanks Angela, it was a tough day today, possibly because I ran 23mins opposed to the 20......it was the last 3/10ths that I struggled with 😬

You’ll. do OK I’m sure....PMA 😊

Good luck x

Yes, you're running over and above the prescribed distance each session - at this rate, you'll smash the Santa Run

1 like

Well done, sounds a great run. 😀👍

1 like

Well done.

Make sure that head down is only metaphorical, otherwise it leads to bad posture and restricts breathing.

Great progress.

Thank you 😊

Yes, it was metaphorically speaking....didn’t grit my teeth either. ‘‘Twas my legs turning to jelly 😬

Yep, sometimes you just have to employ pure grit and determination! As long as nothing is hurting, this is all good. You have come so far! Running 2 x 5 mins is brilliant!

That Santa run looks like terrific fun. 🎅🏻🏃‍♀️

Sadie x

Thanks Sadie, that’s W5 out of the way....now it’s starts getting serious 😳😊x

1 like

Now it gets FUN! x

1 like

You may also like...