Couch to 5K

Enforced IC

I was so proud of myself about a month ago because I graduated from the C25k and actually felt like a runner. On my rest days I was itching to get back out there because I enjoyed the freedom and I found it a great way to clear my head after the stresses of work.

Unfortunately I ended up in hospital 2 weeks ago, not with an injury but an infected haematoma in my hip that turned into an abscess which needed to be operated on. I now have a large open wound that is going to take weeks to heal 😢. The drs say I am not allowed to run for a minimum of 6 weeks and probably longer.

It’s frustrating because apart from that I feel absolutely fine!! I’m being a good girls though and doing as instructed and not running. The last thing I want to do is set myself back. It looks like I might have to start the C25k again when I am allowed to run again! ☹️

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Oh how frustrating for you. I'm sure you would be able to do some walking to keep you moving hope your soon well enough to get moving. X

1 like

I am going out walking the dog, longer walks everyday now. They’ve threatened to re admit me if I do too much tho ☹️

That's awful, I'm sure you won't need to start from scratch again though, maybe week 4 or 5?

1 like

By eck I feel for you and wish you a very speedy recovery and should you need to do the programme again at least you'll know how doable it is

Once again all the best

1 like

Huge commiserations, but at least you know what to do when you can start again.

Best wishes for your recovery.

1 like

That's rotten luck. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

1 like

I bet you can start at week 6 when healed. Give it a go anyway!

1 like

Yikes, sounds like you've been through a lot but running will be there for you once you are healed. Step one: take the prescribed time to heal properly and make sure to take care of your mental wellbeing during this time. Step 2: once healed start at whatever stage feels right, following Oldfloss's wonderful mantra of slow and steady. Step 3: enjoy the new journey back to running and the mental clarity it provides ☺️

1 like

Oh dear.! What bad luck! 😩

Just concentrate in getting well and you'll be back out there before you know it

Eat healthily and get enough sleep 🙂👍

Keep checking in 😃

1 like

Poor you - that sounds awful. Take all the medical advice and rest up well - running will still be here for you when you are ready. In the meantime grab some running related magazines and books and plan your return! 🙂

You may also like...