Couch to 5K
55,083 members โ€ข 87,628 posts

Today I helped a real person ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Today I helped a real person ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Thought Iโ€™d get out early this morning as Iโ€™m on half term and recently Iโ€™ve had to run in the afternoons due to it being far too dark and creepy in the park (even with a head torch)!!

Started out with the distance of 4km in my head and today I stuck to it and really enjoyed it, singing along to myself and feeling extra alive in the early morning!!

Upon turning the corner and going over the little bridge, I came across a runner who was having a bit of tough time as he was giving himself a right old talking to, been there, done that a few times!!). I carried I running but after about 30 secs, something in my head said to turn round and head back towards him so I did.

I came upon him again and asked if he was ok and he said he was doing the C25K program and he was on Week 3 Run 1 and was finding it a bit tough so I offered to run alongside him with the runs and walk and talk with the recovery parts. He said โ€œNo, no I couldnโ€™t do that as youโ€™re on your own running journeyโ€ to which I replied โ€œ Yes I am but today my journey has bought me to you and that is obviously where I need to beโ€ So, off we set together for the last 2 runs and walks together and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself ๐Ÿ˜Š. When we needed to run, heโ€™d signal me and when we needed to walk, weโ€™d talk to each other about our running journey and why weโ€™d started it.

At the cool down 5 min walk, we said our goodbyes and thankyous, we went our separate ways and it wasnโ€™t till I arrived home that I realised I hadnโ€™t asked this gentlemanโ€™s name!!

I did mention about this forum so I hope that he finds us, and this post, as Iโ€™d like to say a big thanks to him because he made me realise that although I have completed the C25K program, sometimes we need to take a step back and look at how we can help others around us in order to achieve inner peace.

Today was the best run for very different reasons but the main one was that as well as helping people on this forum, I actually helped a real life runner in the real world ๐Ÿ—บ

To my mystery man, good luck for the future and maybe weโ€™ll meet each other again sometime ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

76 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

โ˜€๏ธ Well done great spirit - couldnโ€™t find a gold star picture but the sun is a star so have a golden sun ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

2 likes

๐Ÿ˜Š

Awww, Kim, what a lovely post. Imagine how that man must be feeling right now - how you made him feel - his spirits must be so lifted. Well done you..!! :) x

4 likes

I hope he feels as good as I do ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Probably even better ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well done you on helping a fellow runner who will appreciate the fact the someone who has completed the same journey is willing to stop and provide a prop so to speak to lean on.

2 likes

Felt good to give something back ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well done Kim, what an amazing thing to do. ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸI've put an extra ๐ŸŒŸ for Richard7.

1 like

Thanks Martin. Felt very pleased with myself today ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Lovely post๐Ÿ˜

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Awww that's rather lovely .... we all need someone like you around I reckon ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ†

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š Iโ€™ve felt great all day

What a fantastic thing to do for a fellow runner! Well done you!

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi what a really good post ,well done you ๐Ÿƒ Iโ€™m at the start of my journey for the second time so onwards and upwards , best of luck to you

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Fabulous run, and terrific post,, well done runner๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป

1 like

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place. Good Karma.

Well done Kim ๐Ÿ˜Š

2 likes

Love good karma ๐Ÿ˜Š

Oh wow.... well done you and how fortuitous that you happened along! You lovely lady!

" So shines a good deed in a weary world "

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š I have felt good all day

Nice one ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

Cheers ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ahh that is so lovely. Iโ€™m sure your kindness will encourage him to continue his journey ๐Ÿ’œ

1 like

Hope so ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Aww, Kimchoc08 ....what a wonderful person you are!!! You will have probably spurred that bloke on to continue on his C25k journey by the things you talked to him about during your run...what a satisfying run that will have been ๐Ÿ˜Š

2 likes

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š Was lovely to help him

1 like

Well done ! That's absolutely lovely ๐Ÿ˜Š

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

1 like

Thank you. Made me feel real good today ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Lovely post, now I know you all are not virtual reality but real people

1 like

๐Ÿคฃ a real person, who knew they existed?!

What a lovely thing to do, and a fabulous story, which seems to sum up the essence of the support we find in here. xx

1 like

Thank you. I had the biggest smile all day ๐Ÿ˜

1 like

That's a lovely post and you are lucky finding a C25k-er to help - I'd love to do that! I always wonder if people are doing C25K when I see them out and about jogging, headphones in, maybe glancing at a watch, slowing to a walk or speeding up again ...

Well done you!

2 likes

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š it was a very pleasant surprise.

Brilliant. You didn't just help him on today's run because next time he finds it tough, he will think of how you helped and I bet that will keep him going.

4 likes

Thank you and I hope so ๐Ÿ˜Š

What a lovely post.

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

What a wonderful and inspirational post! Running is one of those things that brings out the best in people. Thank you for sharing.

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

This is an utterly lovely post!

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

So lovely you were there for this fellow today - but remember you help and inspire all of on here too!

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Oh how wonderful!! You are certainly a knight in shining armour. I do hope you get to cross paths again.

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š and so do I.

What a kind thing to do Kim! Makes us all feel a little better about the world we live in ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

1 like

Sure does ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well done Kim, that was a lovely gesture you did to help that man, perhaps if you do the same run again, you might meet him, if he is struggling a bit with his running what you should do is become his 'coach', begin with the first week of c25k and take it from there, if you do complete the 9 weeks with him that would be a great achievement for you and of course for him as well.

1 like

Never thought of it like that. Iโ€™m heading out tomorrow so Iโ€™ll keep me eye out for him!!

1 like

Lovely you! ๐Ÿ˜Š we've all needed this at some point but had to struggle on, how lovely that you could actually be there to help out! The Florence Nightingale of running! ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Thank you. The Florence Nightingale of Running-I like the sound of that!!

1 like

Suits you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 like

What a lovely real life story! Well done for showing your fellow runner such compassion! I expect he will always remember your kindness and I hope you meet again!

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

What a lovely post. You never know, your paths may cross again!

1 like

Hope so ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ

Wonderful just wonderful

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Fantastic what a top lady you are ๐Ÿ‘

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

How wonderful that you could support a fellow runner, how kind of you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€ brilliant post and beautiful photos

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Awwww thatโ€™s lovely Kim โ€” what a great selfless thing to do ... sure you have inspired the mystery man to continue his journey ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Lovely post very inspiring thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

What a lovely story, thanks for posting. Well done you for helping someone in their journey, good vibes your way!

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

What a fabulous, heart-warming post. You are a lovely lady ๐Ÿ™‚

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š Felt good to help a fellow runner ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผ

1 like

This is beautiful. What an experience for both of you, well done and thank you for sharing xx

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

You may also like...