Did it!

Finally completed week 9, run 3! Things kept getting in my way the last fortnight, including 3 days toiling up hills in Dorset, meaning I could hardly walk let alone run. But finally, on Sunday afternoon, off I set and got it done! My son went off on his run at the same time - different class, he has done one marathon already, but he timed it so he could run the last 10 minutes with me and cheer me on. Which meant I had someone to high-five when I did it. Wooo, feels so good. Going to go out tomorrow and do it all again. Thanks to everyone for their support. :)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

35 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Brilliant. Well done to you. It is a great feeling. Congratulations and enjoy all your post graduation runs.

• Thank you. I really do feel - if I can do it, anyone can!

• Ah well done Julie. You have passed the finish line, collect your lovely little graduation badge and wear with pride :)

• No idea how to - so will just have to have to make my own out of cardboard!

• Look on your screen on the right hand side, pinned posts, October graduation badges x

• Thank you - I can see it now, Cheers

• Woohoo; congratulations Graduate! Happy running future!!

• Fantastic...very well done ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Congratulations - and well done to your lovely son.

• Thanks, his next one is a cross country trail run(?) half marathon in the Cotswolds.

• Wow ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Makes me feel exchausted just thinking about it! You have been a real inspiration by the way - thank you. And keep running.

• Me? Really??? X

• Absolutely - always enjoy your posts! So funny!

• ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Brilliant - a fantastic achievement! Keep on running ! ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ…

• Thank you. I did it again this morning. Same run, just very slightly faster. I am not ready for the 10k challenge yet, so going to stick with the 5k until I feel more confident. What did you do when you graduated?

• I'm still consolidating running for 30 mins. I've slowed my pace so that I can run for longer. I feel its coming together now. Slow and steady, as Old Floss says!

• fantastic ---- great achievment

• Thank you. Still enjoying the glow!

• Well done on graduating brilliant stuff ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿƒ

• Thank you

• Brilliant stuff, congrats. Don't forget your badge though as you've earned it. Pinned posts to the right.....

• Brilliant and well done to your lovely son - I'm sure he's really proud of you. My super fit son also runs huge distances in all weathers and I could never understand what motivated him. Now I do and making him proud is one of the things that keeps me going through the toughie runs.

• Me too! Thank you

• Congratulations and well done! How lovely that it was a family occasion as well! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• Yes, made it really special.

• Well done. Feels great doesn't it?! Congratulations from a graduate today ๐Ÿ˜€

• Well done to you too! - Go us!

• Well done you! it's a great feeling isn't it :)

• Thank you - yes fabulous feeling.

• Yaaaay well done.

Your son sounds great, glad you got that high five!!

• Yes he is! - but a may be a bit biased!

• Congratulations ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป

• Thank you

You may also like...