Couch to 5K
65,274 members โ€ข 98,644 posts

Did it!

Finally completed week 9, run 3! Things kept getting in my way the last fortnight, including 3 days toiling up hills in Dorset, meaning I could hardly walk let alone run. But finally, on Sunday afternoon, off I set and got it done! My son went off on his run at the same time - different class, he has done one marathon already, but he timed it so he could run the last 10 minutes with me and cheer me on. Which meant I had someone to high-five when I did it. Wooo, feels so good. Going to go out tomorrow and do it all again. Thanks to everyone for their support. :)

35 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Brilliant. Well done to you. It is a great feeling. Congratulations and enjoy all your post graduation runs.

Thank you. I really do feel - if I can do it, anyone can!

Ah well done Julie. You have passed the finish line, collect your lovely little graduation badge and wear with pride :)

No idea how to - so will just have to have to make my own out of cardboard!

Look on your screen on the right hand side, pinned posts, October graduation badges x

Thank you - I can see it now, Cheers

2 likes

Woohoo; congratulations Graduate! Happy running future!!

1 like

Fantastic...very well done ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 like

Congratulations - and well done to your lovely son.

1 like

Thanks, his next one is a cross country trail run(?) half marathon in the Cotswolds.

2 likes

Wow ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Makes me feel exchausted just thinking about it! You have been a real inspiration by the way - thank you. And keep running.

1 like

Me? Really??? X

1 like

Absolutely - always enjoy your posts! So funny!

1 like

๐Ÿ˜‰

Brilliant - a fantastic achievement! Keep on running ! ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ…

2 likes

Thank you. I did it again this morning. Same run, just very slightly faster. I am not ready for the 10k challenge yet, so going to stick with the 5k until I feel more confident. What did you do when you graduated?

I'm still consolidating running for 30 mins. I've slowed my pace so that I can run for longer. I feel its coming together now. Slow and steady, as Old Floss says!

fantastic ---- great achievment

Thank you. Still enjoying the glow!

Well done on graduating brilliant stuff ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿƒ

Thank you

Brilliant stuff, congrats. Don't forget your badge though as you've earned it. Pinned posts to the right.....

Brilliant and well done to your lovely son - I'm sure he's really proud of you. My super fit son also runs huge distances in all weathers and I could never understand what motivated him. Now I do and making him proud is one of the things that keeps me going through the toughie runs.

Me too! Thank you

Congratulations and well done! How lovely that it was a family occasion as well! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Yes, made it really special.

Well done. Feels great doesn't it?! Congratulations from a graduate today ๐Ÿ˜€

Well done to you too! - Go us!

1 like

Well done you! it's a great feeling isn't it :)

Thank you - yes fabulous feeling.

Yaaaay well done.

Your son sounds great, glad you got that high five!!

Yes he is! - but a may be a bit biased!

1 like

Congratulations ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป

Thank you

You may also like...