Couch to 5K
54,654 members87,148 posts

Week 2 Run 1 - jelly legs

Week 2 Run 1 - jelly legs

Well ... that’s Week 2 started .. lovely jog-walk around the country park... everything was going fine, breathing - check, posture - check, rhythm - check....

Until the last run... that last 30 seconds legs were like jelly.... never been so happy to hear Jo Wiley’s voice...

all in all totally enjoyed it, sad that I am not running until Sunday, as waiting for a running buddy to catch up on the plan.

But will be nice to have someone to enjoy the experience with

8 Replies
oldestnewest

wow those are great stats! I've just finished week 2 and I only ever cover 3km and burn half those calories!

1 like

Thanks zobles... been told to slow down by a friend who is going to start running with me, so hopefully will have a slower pace, as I don’t want to struggle when the runs get longer.

3k is good, I am lucky I live near the sea and the ground is very flat, so not many hills etc to contend with, think stats would be a lot different if you threw some hills in.

my route is super flat too, haven't tried hills yet but there's a very steep track near by which I'm going to start the whole programme from week 1 on once ive completed week 9 on the flat. My hubby runs with me and covers far more distance, hes not struggled yet so you may surprise yourself!

1 like

Hahahaha! Jo Wiley's voice really is a blessing, isn't it! Just done Wk2Run2 tonight and still surprised I'm not dying at the end of each run! Well done and keep it up! 👍

2 likes

Thanks Snodi, 😄

That's EXACTLY what happened to me on W2R2, I think I was going too fast so the last run nearly killed me! I slowed down on W2R3 and it was much better. Well done on completing it though!

1 like

Thanks Minnow, I thought I was going slower on that run but stats on Strava say different... will see how I go on Sunday. Have a running buddy joining me so I am sure she will tell me off

Nothing like a woman keeping you in check! Hope you enjoy the next run on Sunday.

You may also like...