Couch to 5K
60,047 members92,658 posts

Should pay more attention wk3r1

Just finished w3r1, and wasn't as bad as I'd thought. But...I should listen better to Sarah. After the first 3 min walk, I thought it was another 3 min run..blimey that went quick - only to be caught out when my anticipated 90s final run turned out to be a lot longer.. hey ho.

Did make me smile though with the advice about someone looking over a hedge shouldn't know whether you're running or walking - in my case there were times when they'd be lucky to know if I was moving 😂

Onwards and upwards !

10 Replies
oldestnewest

It all counts!

You are on your way to running for thirty minutes..............step by step.

2 likes

Well done..!! And doubly well done for the extra running 😳

I'm usually too busy swearing at Sarah to hear what she says 😂

My repeat of W3R1 this evening. Need to find my 'happy place' 😁

1 like

Thank you!

Good luck with your run, you know you can do it!

I know lots of posts mention the slow and steady and you will also have it as your mantra, but I am amazed how much that helps. I'm not sure I would have persevered without that simple but oh so effective piece of advice...

Keep going and we will get there, in our own time - regardless of how many times we have to repeat runs. It's all good practice...possibly even fun?? (At times)

1 like

It is there.. I use that phrase when we start to find our running legs... it is a great feeling :)

You will find it :)

1 like

Thank you Bilbobaggins.

At least I know what to expect from it.

I think the first time of dynamic stretching on Thursday (along with running in the MORNING 😱) pushed me a bit too far - I'm still hobbling today).

Slow and steady as always (got no choice there 😂), but feel I need to pull my focus away from my aching calf muscles, brethlessness and wondering how much time I have left 🙄

Maybe if I dangled a chocolate biscuit on a stick in front of me, I could concentrate on that..??!!?? 😂😂

We'll do this..!! Good luck with W3R2. I'll be watching for your posts 👍🏻

2 likes

I ❤️ the chocolate biscuit idea, maybe devise a contraption 👍🏻

1 like

Great idea, and I'm sure Sarah Millican would approve 😉

1 like

Hope you don't mind but I'm going to follow you as you're on similar week to me 😊

Are you listening to Sarah Millican ?

I am .....

Glad of the company, and yes Sarah M is valiantly keeping me going so far..

1 like

Love it.. the hedge thing, that is exactly right... :) Well done you!

Getting there, run by run and getting stronger with every run :)

You may also like...