Couch to 5K
62,314 members95,074 posts

Week 4 Run 1 - the day I beat Big Scary Hill

Yippee! I was worried about this run, but actually it was okay. I decided to push myself and go up Big Scary Hill during the 5 minute run, and I DID IT! (At a speed of one mile a year, but still! Success!)

My poor leggies definitely noticed the extra running today - one of these days I swear they're just going to burst into flame on the inclines.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Unless your wearing flammable leggings - your pretty safe - this programme is guaranteed flame retardant.

3 likes

Well done! I have no hill experience at all and I've graduated! Good on you for not running the other way!

1 like

Told you would beat the hill, well done, slow and steady wins every time. I can guarantee you the next time you face the 'big scary hill' you will chuckle to yourself for thinking it was that bad.

1 like

One mile a year? That is fast:) ( least ways, I think so:))

Brilliant... go you.... you are doing so well..keep it steady and make sure you stretch and roll out those knotty legs after the runs:)

Oh I giggled at one mile a year (and again at flammable legs)... Bet you were going upwards at more than that. Well done, I hope to be conquering big steep hills soon after finishing!

You may also like...