Finally finished week 2!

So for those who remember just over 2 months ago I did the first run of week 2 and the following morning struggled to even walk down the stairs.

The exercises the Bupa triage physio gave me to do didn't really improve matters so after a week he referred me to see an actual physiotherapist.

After a couple of painful sessions of physiotherapy, and a number of weeks doing the exercises she's been telling me to do I can actually run again :)

Re-did week 1 runs over a couple of weeks and then this past week completed week 2 with no real issues!

Very pleased :) Looking forward to seeing how I handle run 1 of week 3 tomorrow now!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done!

• Well done for sticking with it and good luck!

• Well done and good for you ;)

I've just done run one of week three...no problem, I'm sure that you will do the same.

• Handle it, as you should, slow and really really steady!

• Nice to see you back....

• Thanks everyone :) Done a couple of Wk3 runs now, last one tomorrow after work... I went out yesterday thinking "I'll just take it as slowly as I can, get through the time" and ended up setting 4 PR's according to strava. Ooops! Felt absolutely fine though, definitely didn't feel like I was pushing myself too hard.

You may also like...