W5r3 repeat. Success

W5r3 repeat. Success

Well I'm pleased to get that 20 min barrier done. Just went slowly and got into a rhythm. At 10 mins I really lost my Breath and walked a few paces but maybe only 15 seconds so I'm still taking it!

Overall I'm now saying in my head and to you that I can run for 20 mins!! Wow!! Looking forward to getting better over remaining weeks.

Also at the end when I was a bit teary a lookalike of my old dog came up to me! A lovely sign I thought ❀️ Took a bit to catch a photo but a lovely memory

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done, I am about to do that run tomorrow, and was feeling a bit apprehensive but I will take your lead and take it slow. Thanks for posting.

• Hey, I did it! - thanks to you passing on your experience. X

• Woo hoo!! Good feeling isn't it. Once I accepted being slow and the out of Breath passes I was fine. How great is that! Well done.

• I set off doing that run this morning but only managed 10.5 minutes 😩 Feeling proper miffed with myself but will definitely not let it beat me - so glad to hear you did it - inspirational!

• Well it seems really common to hit a weak point up to 10 mins so that was possibly it. If it means walking for 10 seconds out of 20 minutes I'm happy with that but obviously going to take that!

• Snap .... that is me today!

• Brilliantly done a few seconds walking is absolutely fine, sometimes we just overcook it....

The longer intervals are now waiting for you, this is a milestone run. Well done

You may also like...