W3 R1: I flipping did it!

I was so dreading the step up to week 3 and had blown it all up out of proportion. But I did it. I really did. Despite an overenthusiastic golden retriever jumping up my legs half way through the 2nd 3 min run! It wasn't easy, oh no, but I ran the whole 3 mins each time! Feel so proud of meself. 🏃‍♀️😀🏃‍♀️.

This programme is magical. I can definitely feel a small improvement in my lung capacity after just 3 weeks.

I am a 46 year old woman who has been pretty lazy for the last 5-10 years, so if I can do it, anyone can!

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done that's amazing, this will be my next run! I can't take my dog as he expects me to stop every few yards to throw his ball, 😂

1 like

Thank you! I was also distracted by a pretty cat, wanted to stop and pet her, but resisted. Dogs love it when we run, don't they? 🐶 (The dog that leapt on me wasn't mine - shame, as he was gorgeous.)

Well done 👍🏼

1 like

Thank you! ☺️

Well done - I did W3 yesterday for the first time and it feels great

1 like

It truly does, Paula! And thank you.

Ive completed week 3 yesterday and had exact same thoughts and experience as you (minus the labrador!!) I seem to be able to breath so much more deeply, my legs feel stronger (noticible in little things like standing up from crouching) and I am experiencing a greater sence of mental alertness- and never felt I had a problem in any of the above. The pay off is certainly worth the effort :-)

2 likes

It really does feel like a minor miracle!

Well done another week down, keep going your doing brilliantly 😀

1 like

Thanks for the support, Tricky!

2 likes

Well done Sadie, I'm worried about W3 next week. Will have faith and take it nice and slow

1 like

That is the perfect attitude lostgirl76. You can and you will do it! I feel silly now for thinking I wouldn't be able to manage it!

Fantastic!!! Keep going like that and you'll nail this programme!!!! Very well done

1 like

Well done you are doing so well!!👍🏻

1 like

Thank you!

Well done...it is amazing this programme...you will continue to surprise yourself too!!! Glad the pesky dog didn't put you off!!! Keep posting

1 like

Very well done! I also did W3 R1 today and really tried to pace myself as advised and it worked well. Congratulations to us and all W3 R1 runners !! :)

You may also like...