W3 R1: I flipping did it!

I was so dreading the step up to week 3 and had blown it all up out of proportion. But I did it. I really did. Despite an overenthusiastic golden retriever jumping up my legs half way through the 2nd 3 min run! It wasn't easy, oh no, but I ran the whole 3 mins each time! Feel so proud of meself. πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜€πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ.

This programme is magical. I can definitely feel a small improvement in my lung capacity after just 3 weeks.

I am a 46 year old woman who has been pretty lazy for the last 5-10 years, so if I can do it, anyone can!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

17 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done that's amazing, this will be my next run! I can't take my dog as he expects me to stop every few yards to throw his ball, πŸ˜‚

• Thank you! I was also distracted by a pretty cat, wanted to stop and pet her, but resisted. Dogs love it when we run, don't they? 🐢 (The dog that leapt on me wasn't mine - shame, as he was gorgeous.)

• Well done πŸ‘πŸΌ

• Thank you! ☺️

• Well done - I did W3 yesterday for the first time and it feels great

• It truly does, Paula! And thank you.

• Ive completed week 3 yesterday and had exact same thoughts and experience as you (minus the labrador!!) I seem to be able to breath so much more deeply, my legs feel stronger (noticible in little things like standing up from crouching) and I am experiencing a greater sence of mental alertness- and never felt I had a problem in any of the above. The pay off is certainly worth the effort :-)

• It really does feel like a minor miracle!

• Well done another week down, keep going your doing brilliantly πŸ˜€

• Thanks for the support, Tricky!

• Well done Sadie, I'm worried about W3 next week. Will have faith and take it nice and slow

• That is the perfect attitude lostgirl76. You can and you will do it! I feel silly now for thinking I wouldn't be able to manage it!

• Fantastic!!! Keep going like that and you'll nail this programme!!!! Very well done

• Well done you are doing so well!!πŸ‘πŸ»

• Thank you!

• Well done...it is amazing this programme...you will continue to surprise yourself too!!! Glad the pesky dog didn't put you off!!! Keep posting

• Very well done! I also did W3 R1 today and really tried to pace myself as advised and it worked well. Congratulations to us and all W3 R1 runners !! :)

You may also like...