Week 5 r2

You've run for 8 consecutive minutes... twice! Yieeeeyyy... it was tough but not as hard as I imagined... so, just sharing a very happy day... a little scared of next run obvs, not sure I can do it... but also excited! because I'm getting closer to longer runs.

I've been stuck repeating week 3 and mostly week 4 for a while with my travelling and adjusting upon my return (I caught a cold!), but I never stopped and I'm proud of it. Quite nervously looking forward to next run.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well. Done and really nothing to be afeared of :) You obviously have grit and determination to have got this far with the hurdles you have faced. So concentrate on the excited feelings and enjoy the next run :)

• thank you! I will try that... focus on the excitement :D

• Well done.

W5R3 only has you moving between warm up and cool down for twenty minutes, whereas the run you have just completed had you moving for twenty one minutes.

Be excited, not fearful. As you say, you are getting near longer runs........that is what runners do.

• I was scared of that run, But surprised when it sailed by, now week 5 run 3 for me, and I'm worrying again!

• Why worry - every run is a new PB or just a bloody good achievement cos your out there.

• Don't be nervous, be amazed and delighted that you have come this far an are going to carry on!

Go you!!!

• Yes! stubbornness runs in my veins... thxs!

• Well done goya. I'm glad the runs were not as bad as you feared. It just goes to show you need to have more confidence in your ability :) Keep going and keep posting with your progress. Good luck for your next run :-D

• Just completed the same level today, big one next time out but a great challenge.

• great, we are synced!

You may also like...