Wk 7 r3

Good morning all, I will put this run down as the most enjoyable in all the non stop runs. This morning I really didn't want to get out of bed,Let alone go running . Yesterday was a blah day . I felt off it ,headache,nauseous ,tired . Anyway I thought today's a new day just get it done ,You know if you don't you'll be in a mood all day so off I went . I had made my mind up from the start to take it nice and steady and to take a different route . Now this route is one I used a lot back in the day , it's got a lot of inclines this is why I've avoided it so far but I like it so I did it . I can remember reading somewhere that muscles have memory ? Well my legs loved it , They wanted to go . My average pace was 12.24 compared to 11.51 Tuesday around the lake l,but that's quite flat compared to this route . I have found a nice pace and I've learned that id rather enjoy my runs and not keep looking at my watch . I honestly could have kept going and going ,when I did look at my watch I'd ran for 27 mins 40 secs . Pus got 3 personal bests from last time I used to do that route which are still stored in my activities . Sorry for the long rambling post . Happy running to you all . On Saturday I'm doing a charity 26 mile hike in asbourne for McMillan so I'll do start of week 8 Friday and probably have a couple of rest days after it coz I think my legs will be tired. Good luck in all your runs today .

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done you! It's such a brilliant feeling when you've done it isn't it? Good luck with your hike, fab cause!!

• Great job!, sounds perfect

Enjoy your walk! Good luck πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Very well done and I agree with you not looking at the watch constantly is more helpful (well to me anyway). Good luck for your hike.

• Well done on the PB's Rockette and good luck for Saturday πŸ™‚

You may also like...