Couch to 5K

Change in schedule - advice please - work interfering with w6!

I normally run early morning M W and F. So I;m due to run tomorrow - but due to a work meeting may not be able to squeeze in my run before heading off to the train station. Won;'t be able to run tomorrow evening.

Do I run tonight - over 36 hours after W6 r1 or do I delay and run on Thursday morning instead. Or do I get up an hour earlier and run tomorrow morning?

Any thoughts?

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Get up earlier. It will be cooler, and you'll be more energised and alert during your meeting.

1 like

You don't lose any condition in a few days, so as long as you have your rest days, just arrange your runs around you life.

1 like

Do it when it's next convenient for you..

1 like

Take the rest because you are getting to the stage where cumulatively your body is getting used to a lot more effort being taken. Go Thursday or Friday as you feel.

1 like

Early run... superb! Do it, if it feels right... :)

1 like

I would choose whichever is the least rushed. Trying to squeeze in a run when you haven't really got the time just adds pressure. An extra days rest won't be detrimental.

2 likes

Thank you for all your advice - typically as it works out due to all the train issues around Paddington tomorrow, my meetings have now been pushed to next week - so issue averted for the moment and normal schedule will resume at 6am. Looking forward to it!

You may also like...