Couch to 5K
52,785 members84,884 posts

I've done it!

Well I have done it.

When I started this about 9 weeks ago, I just had this fanciful idea I could run just like others I see do particularly when the sun comes out. I didn't believe I really could do it. I thought I would give up at the slightest imagined thing. I was really lucky that my husband joined me on week 3, I think he thought and hoped I would give up (because he was not a runner either). We plodded on, run after run almost daring the other to be the reason we give up.

Well today was the day we graduated!! I felt it was my best run to date, the most comfortable and fastest. Having finished the program I feel free to run further.

Thank you to everyone here, I have loved reading through the posts, they have been an inspiration. To anyone starting out, only think about the running you are doing. It does work.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Massive congratulations on your graduation it's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it.

1 like

Well done you what a fab achievement. In fact a double achievement..... I wonder if they do double shiny badges

2 likes

Yey well done x

2 likes

Fantastic Carolyn55! A great achievement 👟

1 like

Well done you two. 😁X 😁

1 like

Brilliant, well done both of you 🏅

1 like

You may also like...