Couch to 5K
52,542 members84,602 posts

Rain stopped play

I was all ready for R3W3 this morning and I had always thought to myself that rain wouldn't stop me but at 5 this morning the heavens opened and what with the lightening and thunder, I thought better of it.

I am really gutted on two accounts. Firstly , I never miss appointments and two I am now going to have to face the sauna like conditions that will no doubt exist after work.

Oh well fortune favours the brave. (If only I had thought that at 5 this morning). If I survive the run I will no doubt be shouting on here how fantastic it was. 😅

6 Replies
oldestnewest

There is rain and there is rain.

I got up at 5 to do an outdoor kettlebell session, looked at the downpour and decided discretion was the better part of valour and went back to bed.

3 likes

Precisely the same for me today! I was scheduled for week 6 run 2 this morning but the rain, thunder and lightning killed that! Back in week 3 my 2nd run was curtailed for the same reasons and I did my only, up until today, after work run. It was very hot then too, it's a much different challenge to the early morning fresh air but an excellent learning experience! Good luck!

2 likes

Thanks, I shall keep telling myself, this is an excellent learning experience, as I melt my way round. I do like a challenge and actually the sadistic side of me is thinking goodie, hard work and suffering, always brings greater pleasure.

2 likes

Hopefully it will have cooled down a bit after all the showers..... and I can guarantee you will enjoy it!!

1 like

I saw on t'internet the golf ball sized hailstones in Spain, so sometimes bad weather is dangerous and getting electrocuted for a run, is way beyond the call of duty.... good luck next time out

1 like

But think of the energy buzz. I bet you could run like lightning. Imagine the thunder of your feet against tarmac. It could go down a storm. The atmosphere would be electric. You'd finish your run in a flash.

I'll get my coat.....

....which I might need in the rain :)

2 likes

You may also like...