Wk5R3 done and actually loved it ❤️

This was challenging at times but as it was a longer run I found my mind was wondering and thinking about normal things rather than my breathing and my pace. It went so fast. I kept it slower than slow to get though it and it worked 🎉

I bumped into a couple I know and I'm pretty sure the man said something along the lines of "that's not a run" I had my earphones in so can't be 100% sure. I'm either extremely paranoid or he's extremely rude.

Anyway onwards and upwards...on to week 6 😊

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Stuff 'em.. i had to go real slow to get through w5r2.. so its lovely to read your success on w5r3 as im a bit worried about it well done x

• Don't be worried- it's honestly not as hard as you think. I felt once I was past the first 5 minutes it was quite enjoyable (except for the rude comment thrown in) Just take it really slowly 😊

• Well done jomarie..you did it 20 mins non-stop.. feels great doesn't it.😊

You are right to run slow and steady and felt the difference once you have run the first five or so minutes.

You are doing brilliantly... and are right to ignore comments from non-runners who have no idea how much effort it takes to run for prolonged times.

Keep going, run proud..onwards and upwards.👏👏👏😊

• Thank you for your reply. Made me feel very positive 😊Looking forward to week 6!

• No matter how fast you are running, you are faster than those on the couch.

Run proud!

• So true. Will hold my head up high on Sunday 😊

• As Laura said, a light jog. You're not strong enough or fit enough to go on a full on run, but you'll get there when you're good and ready. You have to go slow so you don't injure yourself.

People will always have something to say, but you shouldn't let that perturb you.

• Very true. I suppose we can't do anything about the comments people make other than control how we react to them. I've shaken it off and feel proud of myself for running for 20 whole minutes...I seriously don't care how slow I am 😊

• Well done. Great result. Just ignore the comments - you are doing brilliantly. On to week 6 we go 👏👏👏

• Thank you so much. Are you starting week 6 on Sunday? Looking forward to it 😊

• I usually try and run Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays so won't tackle week 6 until Monday. If you are starting tomorrow good luck and let me know how it goes.

• Sheer jealousy!!! Some folk are just plain horrid..well done you !

Thinking of other things... a great sign... my runs are where I make up stories,silly songs ,poems, look around, and generally lose myself... Go you!!!

• Thank you. I've shaken it off now. I'm so proud of how long I ran for I seriously don't care how fast I go right now 😊 Looking forward to losing myself in Week 6!

You may also like...