Graduation day!!

Today is a proud day. I almost cried when I finished my last run of c25k this morning. I really feel I have achieved something worthwhile.

Like many of you I am an unlikely runner. 48 yrs old, chronically unfit, sneered at anyone in Lycra and now I am transformed! A runner!

I also never really got forums. I'm having to rethink that too! I don't think I've ever come across such a genuine, warm hearted and motivational bunch of people in my life. You are all brilliant!

Enjoy the journey y'all. X

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

40 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Congratulations! It's an amazing feeling isn't it?

• It sure is!

• Congratulations!

• Thanks๐Ÿ˜Š

• Fantastic! Bask in the glory ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ“๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰

• Cheers๐Ÿ˜

• Congratulations on graduating! ๐Ÿ™‚I was the same about forums too - I still only visit this one (and Bridge to 10k/Marathon running and race support) - as you say, such a very supportive place to be whatever stage of the running journey you are at. Happy running!๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Well done. You should be very proud :)

Who'd'uv thunk it

• I am stupidly proud! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Good๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• Many congrats!!!

• Many thanks!๐Ÿ˜Š

• Congratulations ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜

• Thanks ๐Ÿ˜

• Congratulations! You should be so proud!

• Congratulations! I love the feeling in your post. I also love that you are a 48 year old student nurse. I am a 56 year old returner!

• Thank you. Big up the vintage learners! ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿผโ€โš•๏ธ

• Pre-loved in my case!! But yes...

• Congratulations Cazzer๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰It does feel kinda special doesn't it.๐Ÿ˜Š

You have done this for you..all the hard work, sweat and emotions you have endured have paid off. You are now officially a Runner who can keep going for 30 mins whenever you want...

Your adventures from now on are down to you. Run freely to your own music maybe trying to run a little further (small amounts) or just carry on with the 30 min runs until you feel that you have really mastered it. There are c25k+ podcasts to consider too...

Celebrate..

Keep posting on the forum...

Happy running๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thank you for your kind wordsโ˜บ๏ธ

• Well fine Caz! Congratulations!๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ…๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฐ

• Cheers ๐Ÿฅ‚

• Well done! I am certain that I will shed a tear when I graduate!

• Congratulations! I love reading posts like this because it's motivating me to carry on!

I too have found that this forum is brilliant so thank you for sharing your graduation news

• I'll keep my eye out for yours! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Well done !๐Ÿ˜Š

• Thanks ๐Ÿ˜

• Well done In starting week 7 on Monday and I feel proud to have got that far. I've done fab u should feel proud. Love the forum feels like a wee family ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

• It kept me going! Good luck for your last 3 weeks ๐Ÿ˜Š

• congratulations graduate xxx :D my daughter got me a silly little plastic trophy yesterday wit a mumc25k sticker on it !! im so proud of it lol :D

• What a lovely thing to do ๐Ÿ†โ˜บ๏ธ

• Congratulations!! I felt emotional too on my last run & I still have occasional moments when a run has been tough going (as well as life) & feel a little wobble. Hope you feel proud of yourself every time you run!

• Aww...Many thanks๐Ÿ˜Š

• Well done :)

• Cheers!๐Ÿ˜

• Me too, me too, me too (only I am 66) ๐Ÿค—

• I don't me, too - graduated. Not yet. Also meant to say 'hearty congrats'! Keep on running!!!

• I'll be joining you on Friday evening. Even if there is a torrential rainfall that evening. I'm getting my mac out, putting my trainers on and I'm gonna finish!

• Damn right! Go for it๐Ÿ˜

You may also like...