Couch to 5K
54,933 members87,451 posts

W6R3 get in!

It's in the bag, I felt myself starting to flag and then Jo had the audacity to interupt Bryan Adams (singing "run to you") to tell me I only had 5 minutes left, so I quickly forgave and thanked her for her cheek and doubled down on my efforts, then before I knew it, she was back interrupting Meatloaf (bat out of hell) to tell me I only had 60 seconds, was she sure? It didn't feel like 4 minutes had passed and when she said a final sprint would be good for the heart I thought, why not? Although I don't think what I did could be called a sprint I did up the pace a bit and I've got to say, it felt great, I didn't think the feeling I had after W5R3 could be beaten, but it was.

Week 7 I'm coming to get ya!

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done I'm doing mine tomorrow. Quite looking forward to it 👍

4 likes

It's great, find a pace, settle into it and you'll smash it 😁

Onwards and upwards

Whoop whoop, well done!

Thanks 😁

Yay..😊.. this is the week Laura says "you are a runner now"...so in case Jo Whiley didn't mention it You Are...a RUNNER now.

Well done Burrows.😊

Thank you 😁.

And she did tell me I'm a runner now, I'm still not sure I believe her though.

I had to double check mapmyrun this morning to make sure I'd actually done it and wasn't dreaming

1 like

Well done you! It get more awesome as the weeks go on doesn't it? Just completed W7R1 (even after a rather drunken weekend of 2 parties and the inside of my thighs feeling stiff, not quite sure what occurred! 😱) Keep going, we CAN do it! 👍

I'm starting W7 tonight, I'm not a fan of evening runs but I'm not going to let that get in the way.

Like you I had a fairly heavy weekend, I'm trying to lose weight as well as get fit, that went out of the window but, as my mum used to say, a little of what you fancy does you good.

Well done on W7R1, I'll see you at the finish line 😊

1 like

Absolutely! We got this! 👍

It's in the bag 👍

You may also like...