wk5 run2

Disaster. Ran wk5 run 1 and really enjoyed it, amazed myself at being able to run for 5 mins let alone 3 sections. Just got back from run 2, managed the first 8 mins then when Laura said 60 seconds to go to the end of the second run I could not go another step. So only managed 7 mins. Usually I have run in the morning, but today went mid-afternoon. Very warm and had to go up a hill I have been avoiding. Will try again in Friday - not going to let 8 minutes beat me!

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good for you. Just take the pace downa notch and you will do it.

Good luck

• You've got the right attitude. You'll do it next time when it's not so warm and it's "your" best time. Well done.

• Well done - you ran longer than you have run before....I have just run run 2 and that last 60 seconds were the longest ever! You will be fine on Friday..

• I would just slow down a bit. I am sure you will nail it next time xxx

• Its well documented my love of hills on this site. I got great and very helpful advice from the guys and gals here. I'll be doing run 2 on Friday and am a bit doubtful but I'll just have to try. you can only do your best!!

• Great attitude there which means you'll smash it next run :)

• That's not a disaster, that's a tiny glitch! You ran most of it didn't you? 8 mins and then 7 mins? you couldn't do that a few weeks ago could you? I'm sure afternoon heat would scupper me too, you'll crack it next time.

• Everyone has bad runs. Like when you gain physical endurance by pushing when your tired, mental endurance is gained when you carry on when you are disheartened.

Try a flatter route. It's couch to 5k not couch to 5 hills!

You may also like...