W4 R1 completed, and a thank you!

Hi all,

I've just got back home after doing the first run of week 4 - my god it was a killer! Although I'm so proud that I did it!! During the final 5 minute run I thought I was going to die(!) but I made it.

I really don't think I could've done it without this forum - when I felt like I wanted to give up, I just kept thinking about what everyone here always says about "take it slow, then even slower!" Although I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw someone on the opposite side of the road who was walking at about the same speed as I was jogging!!! The shame!!

I'm not going to lie... I'm not exactly looking forward to run 2 but now I know I can do it, I'm determined to plough through! And I really honestly don't think I could've done it without having seen all the advice and motivational posts on here... so thank you everyone for being such a supportive community <3

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congrats!!!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🎈🥇

I couldn't agree more. I definitely would not be part way through week 6 without my army of cyber running buddies on here.

• Aww thanks! And well done you for getting to week 6! 😃💪👏🏅

• Most of us have been there..overtaken by toddlers or very old folk :)

Just do what you are doing... and you will get there...Just relax into the runs, breathe in whatever way feels right for you and think snail on a go-slow !

You can't give up anyway.. we are there with you and we will pull you along :)

PS

Oh my... I am one of the very old folk !!! Eeek! :)

• Ive been overtaken by a convoy of Motability scooters , there were three of them all on their way to Aldi's . I didnt stand a chance :-D

Well done ! :-) xxx

• 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha, that did make me chuckle - It's great to know I'm not the only one who has been overtaken! 😄 If I ever get overtaken by a convoy of mobility scooters I'll think of you!

• Ha ha ! :-D xxx

• Well done, I've just finished week 4 today but that first run last 5 minutes I was a wheezy beetroot, still a beetroot but was able to breath today. Good luck with run 2.

• Yay! Great to meet someone who is at about the same stage of the programme as me. Well done on surviving week 4! 👏😀 Glad I'm not the only beetroot in town!!!

You may also like...