Great Manchester run 10 k today

Great Manchester run 10 k today

Well I ran the Manchester 10 k today , after last weeks astrrosity it was really important to be out there and be part of everything that is great in Manchester. The weather was good for running , not to hot ! And thousands where out there . Big thank you to the marshals, the police, the ambulance service, the street cleaners and every volunteer and each and every spectator. The atmosphere was amazing .

The run had a minute silence at the start for us all to remember in our own way the terrible bombing last week , and for us all to know that manchester will live on .

The run ( for me ) was excellent and a PB at 56 mins , at no time did I walk , and I was never breathless, I was comfortable and sooo happy all the way round . I also managed to raise £400 for kidneys for life ( a Manchester charity )

All in all a most excellent day :-) 👣👣👣👣

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

19 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Molly - and a great time to boot - congrats on the PB. It was a brilliantly organised event all round.

• Well done

• Well done, a fantastic time too! 👏

Mx

• wow what a great time! really speedy! and congratulations on your fundraising! :)

• Oh Katie , I didn't realise you were doing this, would've been lovely to meet you and have a chat :-)

It was truly an amazing day wasn't it ? One I will never ever forget . The support around the route was just fantastic, it was like the whole of Manchester had turned out .

We had a one minutes silence before the HM and straight after it they played " Don't Look Back in Anger " , it just made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck...

Many Congratulations on a new PB, that is an amazing time, you should be so so proud of yourself and raising a fantastic amount of money for your chosen charity .

Really Well done ! :-) xxx

• We really will have to coordinate a Manchester run and meet up xxx well done you as well. I watched the half ,it was fantastic

• Thank you so much !

Yes we will have to have a MCR meet up definitely ! :-) xxx

• well done - and a great time.

• Thanks all :-). I have had a lovely day :-)

• Well done 🏃‍♀️😊

• Well done Molly! It was a lovely day :)

• What a fab achievement! Well done on a great run! You must be flying high right now.

• I think I am :-)

• That's a fab time. Congratulations on your PB 🎉🍾🎈🎉

• 👍 Well done, and in less than an hour. What are you, speedy Gonzales? 😃

• :-) . I think the atmospher carried me along

• Well done Molly. You should be very proud of yourself, the runners, supporters and organisers were all amazing.

• Massive well done! What an achievement 💪🏼

• Well done! That is a great time! I hope you enjoyed the Jelly Tots :) X

You may also like...