Two Runs Of W2 Down, One To Go!

Despite more side pain niggles, I managed a run this morning, and I actually really enjoyed myself - I had the biggest smile on my face once I'd finished :) I found it easier than I had on Monday, partly because I was back to running in the morning, which I always tend to prefer, but also because I realised I was basically running as fast as possible in the 90 seconds, and then wondering why I was so knackered after... xD Once I made a conscious effort to slow down though, things got much easier and I started to enjoy the runs more, so that's definitely something I'm going to have to remember for Friday's run xD Now time for a shower and some breakfast before starting revision again... Wooo...

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done - keep at it!

• Don't go fast!! There is no need for speed at all! It is only week 2

You say you have a niggle, so heed it and calm your pace, bringing it right down to slow jogs. You have to take care if you want to reach week 9 in one piece

It is fun, but it's so easy to do too much too soon

• I definitely didn't go fast consciously, and as soon as I realised I slowed right down and things got much easier. I blame the music on the podcast - some of it is so bouncy it makes me want to run as quick as it goes :P But, yes, definitely slowing things down from now on so I don't make things worse :)

• I run to ABBA sometimes ( sad eh) and there is one track which is slow, but has a bounce to it.. I don't care how I look, it is such fun :) A roofer nearly fell off his ladder laughing at me !

• Oooh, I bet ABBA would be good to run to, yes! :D Not sure I'd have the breath to sing along at the moment though :P It's one of the reasons I'm enjoying having no say about what's being played - I'm not tempted to sing along and make the run even harder xD

• Wtg Adler, glad you found it easier. Good luck with the revision

• Thanks ^-^ Revision is not going as well as my run unfortunately as the sun is shining and I would far rather be outside than at my desk working. Ho hum :P

• Slow, slow, slow slow slow.. ( No quick quick ) ! The art of enjoying the runs at this stage is relative to the time taken to do them :) ( Just made that up, but it sounded good!)

Go you... ! Revise away!

• xD Thanks :) (And it did sound good! :P) I'm definitely enjoying the runs more when I let myself not think and just sort of... Run... :P

You may also like...