Weekly chat 22 - 28 May

Hi everybody,

Please feel free to share your runs here and chat about how it's all going,

Sometimes we don't feel like putting a whole post up but just want to share something small, so this is a great place for doing that during the week.

If youre a lurker it is a great place to say a little hi without the pressure of a full post.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy week !

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Coming up to 10 weeks this week form the op I have been building up slowly with my walking and am aiming for a 10km walk this week. I have the added incentive of a virtual medal to be gained if I do it by the end of the week. Got to love a bit of bling. Hopefully start running in 2 weeks.

• Ooh, bling! Go for it, Rfc :)

• I done my first run of week 2 yesterday but I'm finding that one of my feet are hurting when running. Does anyone have any tips?

• What sort of hurt? Really tight fitting socks or shoes can be an issue sometimes.

• I think it's the shoes as I'm only wearing thin socks. It feels like my foot is going to the side and I'm getting a blister on the side of my foot.

• One of the cheapest investments in running gear is good running socks. They give you so much support and comfort for not a lot of outlay. If you look at places like sports direct, decathlon or even amazon you can get a good pair for a couple of quid and it makes such a difference.

• Thank you :)

• Still haven't made it out for a run this week - and can't tonight as I'm singing in a concert. It'll be fun, but rather hot and stuffy I suspect! But I have at least managed to increase my walking again, with a few lunchtime outings to enjoy the summery weather and a bit of dog-walking in the evenings (so much better now that Madame Floof-some's Special Girly Time is over and she can go out again!)... I will be back, I really will!

You may also like...